• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

King Cat gearing question

Jul 22, 2009
Hey guys - I know this has been discussed in depth in the past but for whatever reason the search function keeps giving me error messages. Anyhow, I'm thinking about changing out my chain as preventative maintenance. I'll probably do the gears while I'm at it.

So... what gearing are you guys running in your kings? Also, what pitch chains are you running? Anybody have a good website for the hyvo gears and chain that I keep hearing about.

Most of my mods should be in my signature. I'm running a straight 53 helix too. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jul 22, 2009
oops

oops, apparently my signature doesn't exist anymore. My performance related mods are below; not sure if it matters when it comes to the gearing or not.

Speedwerx y & single pipe, can, straight 51 helix, RKT head, powerclaw track, float skid, and quite a few subtractions to lighten it up.

Thanks!

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
You can get them alot of places. Some say to go to hyvo chain but I have not personally seen anyone break a silent drive with this gear combo either. You can expect to pay $170 to $190 for everything. I would check out some of the sponsers on here for price. I've found Keven at MM sports to be a good source of parts but not always the cheapest. Nobody can beat every price every time!

Premium Features