• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ABS Pack or Impulse Pack

P
Feb 15, 2008
What do people know about the new snowpulse packs that inflate around the head and neck rather than the classic ABS? What would you go with or have and why?

Last edited:
C
Jan 26, 2002
Alaska
BCA is making one. Theirs will be around 500 bucks, so Ill probably be going with them. It probably works just as well as the rest but hopefully I'll never need it.

They aren't online yet, so you'll have to do some googling

P
Feb 15, 2008
wow for 500 bucks i think ill be going with them cause the others r way more expensive.
yea i dont ever wanna use it id rather have it be a saftey precausion never used;)

SnowBigDeal

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Dec 17, 2003
Mt. Pleasant, UT
www.snowbigdeal.com
The ABS has proven itself and is a great pack. BCA will be coming out with a pack and it is scheduled to release in mid-October. The retail price will be $499. The BCA pack looks great, we will just have to wait and see if it is as good as it looks.

We will be accepting pre-orders as soon as we are given a better timeline of when the pack will be released.

A

Ak nitro

Dec 1, 2007
Cortez Colorado
I believe you mean Snowpulse, http://snowpulse.com/, Impulse makes turbo kits. I have an ABS pack I got from Snowbigdeal. The snowpulse looks nice in the fact that it goes around your neck, I believe Northern power sports in Fairbanks is selling them now, they had some at their shop last time I was there. ABS has a proven track record, but I am sure they are all good.

A
Dec 11, 2007
My guess is these will fly off the shelf so fast the other companies will be left standing there with their D***S in their hands.

At that price people will argue little to the fact that is now a common part of your gear.

Hell, that's less than a pair of shocks.

:beer;to BCA for coming up with an affordable solution!!!

R
Mar 25, 2009
Palmer,AK.
Mica-Heli (heli ski place in BC) has used ABS Freerides for $300 Canadian.
Only problem is, they cant ship you the triggers/canisters up here in AK.

New ones are $180 from CC Ski-Doo.

My crew just bought 5 from them.

Premium Features