• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

snow in intake

G
Nov 24, 2008
1995 xlt with inake on top of hood by gauge pod

snow is coming up over the windshield and is landing on intake plate and is being sucked into air box

what is the best solution?

M
Feb 25, 2009
Cold Lake, AB
I am not sure what the intake looks like on those, but if there is a place you can glue to, you can glue some panty hose (or the girl friend says stockings) to the inside. It still alows air in but blocks the snow. hope that helps.

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
Does it have a square filter on top of the airbox that seals the gap between the hood and air box? Is that filter still in good shape? Is the foam, under that intake plate on the hood, still in good shape? Make sure both are actually still there and doing their job. If they are and you are still getting snow in there then try to panty hose thing, or SLP makes a prefilter you can put over that airbox filter to keep snow/water out.

D
Feb 16, 2008
Anchorage, AK
I think it was in 97 that Polaris updated the intake to a square foam filter that sat higher with a more porus foam. This works much better than the older syle. Just take off the plate and foam underneath of it and rivet on the newer style with the foam inside.
Polaris Part #'s
5432536 PANEL,INTAKE,PREFILTER
5811337 FOAM,INTAKE PREFILTER

G
Nov 24, 2008
what does the newer style look like?

do u have a picture or diagram i could see

and where did you get the part # from

G
Nov 24, 2008
do u think i could get away with puting spacers under that plate to lift it up (alowing more air in) and the puting breathable faom on the outside of the plate?

Premium Features