For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Video Cameras All things Video

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 09:07 AM
Currently: Semi-retired. Work in the summer so I can ride all winter. Perfect
eyefish123 has a reputation beyond reputeeyefish123 has a reputation beyond reputeeyefish123 has a reputation beyond reputeeyefish123 has a reputation beyond reputeeyefish123 has a reputation beyond reputeeyefish123 has a reputation beyond reputeeyefish123 has a reputation beyond reputeeyefish123 has a reputation beyond reputeeyefish123 has a reputation beyond reputeeyefish123 has a reputation beyond reputeeyefish123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default New to Video and lacking Knowledge!!

I just got a Hero 3 and am going to start trying to figure it out. I will be using a helmet mount to start with. Is there a trick to pointing the camera in the right place to get the video you want or does the wide angle lens take care of that for you? Since there is no view finder I am not sure what I will be getting video of. Any other tips that you can give me that would make my life in the video world easier would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in Advance

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 02-15-2013, 12:59 AM
Currently: Not set.
Bowfisher has a reputation beyond reputeBowfisher has a reputation beyond reputeBowfisher has a reputation beyond reputeBowfisher has a reputation beyond reputeBowfisher has a reputation beyond reputeBowfisher has a reputation beyond reputeBowfisher has a reputation beyond reputeBowfisher has a reputation beyond reputeBowfisher has a reputation beyond reputeBowfisher has a reputation beyond reputeBowfisher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Do you have a smart phone? I use my phone as a view finder and change settings if I want, then just use the camera buttons to start/stop recording. I know that when I just eye ball the alignment without double checking with the phone it's always pointing lower than I want.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bowfisher For This Useful Post:
eyefish123 (02-15-2013)
Old 02-15-2013, 09:27 AM
Currently: Planning a build
Basic Member
M5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond repute

Mount the camera on your helmet, put on your helmet and take some video around the house. Keep doing this till you get it right. Most people aim the camera too low, remember frequently your head is down a bit while you are riding and 20 minutes of looking at your skiis gets a little boring. Once you get the angle right you can cut a small piece of cardboard or whatever and make a little guage that goes between the back of the camera and your helmet that way you can set the angle perfect everytime. Its really frustrating when you think you are getting great footage and then the angle ends up being off cause you bumped the camera.

If I can see my visor in the picture my camera is too low.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbQ2UQtr2rU

Just play around you'll get it right.

M5

The Following User Says Thank You to M5- For This Useful Post:
eyefish123 (02-15-2013)
Old 02-15-2013, 08:19 PM
Currently: $$$
Moderator: Premium Member
Lushbomb has a reputation beyond reputeLushbomb has a reputation beyond reputeLushbomb has a reputation beyond reputeLushbomb has a reputation beyond reputeLushbomb has a reputation beyond reputeLushbomb has a reputation beyond reputeLushbomb has a reputation beyond reputeLushbomb has a reputation beyond reputeLushbomb has a reputation beyond reputeLushbomb has a reputation beyond reputeLushbomb has a reputation beyond repute

trial and error..

The Following User Says Thank You to Lushbomb For This Useful Post:
eyefish123 (02-15-2013)