• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

a couple add ons

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
i have alot of mods on my sled...put two more on this weekend...the bdx steering post slop eliminator...a very good and effective mod..if you are doing an o7 with mechanical reverse..well just rip the console out around that nasty little bolt next to the mechanical reverse motor and that way it goes smoother and you don;t have to remove the reverse motor and you have lots of support for the console anyway...but yep the differance is night and day with that bdx mod....and the other one is the Fastlane 9 inch two wheel kit...very very nice,just wish the bearings were;nt chinese ..but a very good quality kit..and the adjusters have to be moved to the inside..and i had to cut about two inches off the adjuster bolts and toss the black spacer..i have the timbersled skid with the rear shock mt back abit further but it all fit with half an inch to spare...i have the 141 so should be lots of room in the longer tracks...but yep the Fastlane is quality...one thing that is a life saver is the Timbersled rear skid...just so awesome...out and back in the sled in approx 20 mins all by myself..no fighting with it...soooo smooth..cant wait to get the front Barkbuster soon

PowderEatin

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
SW Idaho
Can you please elaborate on this steering post slop eliminator. Is it to reduce the slop associated with turning the handle bars left and right or the slop up and down. I have an 08 (should be same as 07) and it has slop in both directions. If I hit the throttle hard when standing up and it throws my body backward, the steering post feels like it slides upward a little bit when I yank on the bars.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Can you please elaborate on this steering post slop eliminator. Is it to reduce the slop associated with turning the handle bars left and right or the slop up and down. I have an 08 (should be same as 07) and it has slop in both directions. If I hit the throttle hard when standing up and it throws my body backward, the steering post feels like it slides upward a little bit when I yank on the bars.

It replaces the round donut bushing that goes around your post with something that actually has 1.25" of solid contact with the post, huge difference.

If you're seeing a lot of play though, I'd also check the nut under your tunnel, sometimes they'll loosen up & create way more play as well. If you look up at the tunnel right in front of the track you'll see the one I mean, it's a 9/16 castle nut, you can get to it with a swivel & about 10" of extension (pretty sure you need a swivel, can't remember for sure)

I've had this nut come loose in about 1/2 of my M sleds, I usually put some red loctite on it when I tighten it & I always seem to be able to get them back off, when I swap posts, pretty easily without a torch.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon

i have zero movement up and down with the kit...i just added the koso water temp guage and the bdx pressure reg today...that bdx pressure reg is a very good fitting high quality item..i can toss the Bikeman now..but the Bikeman ypipe and pipe i have is the finest fit and finish i have seen out of the D@D and Speedwerx that i have had..

Premium Features