• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Removing tapatalk

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
Tapatalk has turned this forum into a cancer. So so many ads as well as a terrible UX. I never thought Facebook would be a welcome alternative but it's become much easier to disseminate helpful info on there, compared to here

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
this tapatalk is crap. I pay so I don't have adds and it just keeps popping up, and can't get ride of it.

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
I haven’t had the tapatalk prompt pop up since I turned on “request desktop website” -> “other websites” option in safari in the settings app. I’m sure there is a similar option on androids… give it a try, it makes the forum usable on the phone while Christopher works to solve the root cause.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I get an ad slap in front of the continue with Safari button on I-phone. Tried a couple of the fixest in here to no avail. SW wants me to pay for less ads, but I actually feel they should be paying me for years of free content creation...as the kids call it theses days lol. Seem to be at a stalemate

123.jpg

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I get an ad slap in front of the continue with Safari button on I-phone. Tried a couple of the fixest in here to no avail. SW wants me to pay for less ads, but I actually feel they should be paying me for years of free content creation...as the kids call it theses days lol. Seem to be at a stalemate

View attachment 403561

Like Polaris, it’s Snowest.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Interesting.
For "ME" on my iPhone I always go for TapaTalk as I find it simply faster to use in such a small screen situation.
Normally I am here working on 28" 4K monitors all day long.

That said.
We are about to make a bunch of Server & Software upgrades this Spring.
When all of that is done I think we will be giving another try at a dedicated Apple App to access the forums.
Its been a few years and the App seems to have come a LONG ways from where it was the last time we tried.
I'm maybe alone here, but I prefer to use the browser for some things like facebook and snowest... It seems like facebook has over the last few years intentionally made it hard to use on safari. Frustrating.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
My issue is the same as Jaynelson btw... pop up ad blocking option to continue with safari.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I'm maybe alone here, but I prefer to use the browser for some things like facebook and snowest... It seems like facebook has over the last few years intentionally made it hard to use on safari. Frustrating.
Absolutely NOT BY INTENTION!
I LIVE on SnoWest using Google Chrome all day long.
So I can attest that absolutely EVERY SINGLE FEATURE of the platform is fully operational under that browser as it is our default application for all testing and validation.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
My issue is the same as Jaynelson btw... pop up ad blocking option to continue with safari.
It worse for me than for you.
ALL OF MY MODERATION TOOLS appear under the ad at the bottom of the page.
This last week has been a HUGE PAIN IN THE ASS for me just to manage the site because of these ads.

Hope to have resolution shortly now.

F
Jul 27, 2014
Fresno
click on tapatalk and mobile device will try to get user to install tapatalk app. then swipe to get out and go back. then the resume in browser option is available for a period of seconds. tap and then you are good and wont get annoyed for some period of time... its working for me. otherwise its so annoying i would rather stop using the forum. glad i cant get around it. using chrome webbrowser one can install an ad blocker which also helps

Premium Features