• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My Khaos 165 is not.... doing khaos stuff. Rear skid suspension help

U
Feb 1, 2013
Sounds like the previous owner might have it setup poorly. (Clutching and loose belt deflection)
I’m sure the belt could be a bit tighter, will deal with it once I get the new adjuster bolt installed.
Clutching is stock. What do you recommend for clutching? We ride interior BC. Right around 6000ft. Go as low as 5 and high as 7 maybe.

C
Jan 14, 2020
chikenstixx, did you figure you’re setup out? I just picked up a 2021 Khaos 165 for my girlfriend.
We took it out for a first ride. Snow was heavy and wet and we mostly road trail to a cabin and back. A couple meadow’s along the way.
Pretty similar experience to yours. Sled felt pretty soft off the bottom. Didn’t want to lift the ski’s very much. Initiating carves the sled felt heavy.
I was riding my 18 mountain cat, it felt light and nimble in comparison. Could pick the ski’s up with ease in the same conditions and way snappier off the bottom. Felt light and twitchy in comparison to the Khaos.
We hopped back and forth and my Girlfriend said she liked the Kitty Cat better.
I’m pretty surprised by the way this was marketed, and all the reviews. I was expecting a steep learning curve. Over riding the sled and lifting the ski’s with ease.
I checked the factory settings. Adjusted the clickers before the ride and during. By the end of the ride I had it full soft high and low on the IFS and the rear. Front clicked all the way high. Made some difference but nothing huge.
Tried adjusting the belt deflection tighter to make it snappier, but the bolt sheared clean off when I went to loosen it! I should also mention this Khaos came with a head. Shocked by how soft the bottom end is.
I had a 2018 Summit 850 with a SLP
Stage 2 before the Cat. It made the cat feel soft. Now the cat makes the Poo feel weak.
Got it home and backed the preload off the IFS as far as possible, RTS the same. Tightened up the FTS a turn. Haven’t got a chance to go back out yet.
Just wondering if it will take a bit of seat time to get comfortable or if I’m missing something on the setup. Any help would be appreciated.
Just trying to make this thing fun and playful. I will say it felt pretty stable and predictable while on edge. Also felt good in the bumps and whoops on the trail. But we bought this sled trying to make it easy for my lady to play around.

Cheers
nope, got that october snowstorm that pounded us and has been dry since. most of utah is at 0% percent of average snowpack right now.

my only hope is going to the 180# RTS spring, have no idea if it is the 210 on it right now, but was going to eventually call my dealer and see if they had lengths or find someone in town with a spring scale.

my 165 skidoo 850 was more playful than this one. hope this big storm coming over lays into the mountains steep and deep.

U
Feb 1, 2013
nope, got that october snowstorm that pounded us and has been dry since. most of utah is at 0% percent of average snowpack right now.

my only hope is going to the 180# RTS spring, have no idea if it is the 210 on it right now, but was going to eventually call my dealer and see if they had lengths or find someone in town with a spring scale.

my 165 skidoo 850 was more playful than this one. hope this big storm coming over lays into the mountains steep and deep.
I feel the same way, my summit 165 was way more playful. I ended up tightening up the limiter strap and putting in the adjustable limiter strap to take some of the ski lift out of it.

Hopefully I can figure it out on the Khaos. The girlfriend wants a playful fun machine. So far this one feels pretty planted. Nowhere near the bottom end grunt the Skidoo had.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I rode a Ski-Doo 850/154. It was quite a bit more squirrely than I wanted. Khaos 800/155 is set up better for my style. I think the stiffer SD track helps the thrust factor over the Polaris units as well.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Idk both turcotte and burandt and running 165s they said. 155 is a stuckfest in southern utah. Dry bottomless. Mess up slightly and you're done for. Plus I'm 190. Fat means stuck
I guess I’m 230# and have ridden 160+ tracks for many years and a 2016 Axys 800 162x3 out of the box has plenty of wheelie factor in deep snow and steep terrain.

Are you riding marginal snow depth for your “findings”?
Or Flat terrain?

Premium Features