• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bikeman SKI-DOO 850 TURBO STAGE 1 BOLT ON KIT ??

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Yes Diamond S can works with stage 2 tune, that`s what i ran, but stock muffler makes more power with larger volume
inquiring-minds-want-to-know-reading-for-the-love-of-it-1-638[1].jpg

OK
I'll bite
HOW the heck does that work?
How does internal volume, which is usually a function of required SOUND ABATEMENT, have an impact on total power, unless of course it is SMALLER than than the pipe and actually is a bottleneck in exhaust flow??

Feb 14, 2010
it`s funny how all the guys that are experts don`t own a factory turbo, i do and have run the diamond S can and the stock can. i am talking from experience, and telling you what my experience was in running both. i run my sled in the mountains not on the dyno. real world results. not interested in what guys think. i answered his question. don`t like the answer?

I
Jul 5, 2001
"but stock muffler makes more power with larger volume"
I have 2 questions; is that of your own knowledge or did someone tell you that? and, what does larger volume have to do with makes more power?

I personally talked to a race dept tech on the phone and he told me to my ears, the Diamond-S can made 100 more rpms than the stock muffler, about 2 more HP.
"but stock muffler makes more power with larger volume"
I have 2 questions; is that of your own knowledge or did someone tell you that? and, what does larger volume have to do with makes more power?

I personally talked to a race dept tech on the phone and he told me to my ears, the Diamond-S can made 100 more rpms than the stock muffler, about 2 more HP.

I don't have any scientific proof, but I agree with 1709 that the stock can makes more power than the Diamond S, I could feel the difference between the 2
Just so you could read it twice........?‍♂️
?‍♂️?‍♂️
if you do the same day real test add 1 gram MORE pivot bolt weight or 2 grams so you break its back and see a rpm loss with stock muffler then ADD Diamond S and see if your RPM's go up.....i know mine did ;-)

Just my .02...........

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Just so you could read it twice........

if you do the same day real test add 1 gram MORE pivot bolt weight or 2 grams so you break its back and see a rpm loss with stock muffler then ADD Diamond S and see if your RPM's go up.....i know mine did ;-)

Just my .02...........

I’m wondering, Did you take your stock muffler to the mtns, did the swap on the hill, got the pipe and muffler heat soaked to get these results?

I know a guy that put the 20hp tune in his 2022, and he’s riding with the bikeman rep this weekend.
I’m curious about the must run the BMP muffler comment with the stage two and up in BMP literature.

Last edited:
I
Jul 5, 2001
Yup I have had ALL the mufflers on her...sent Bikemans back to Joey, run Diamond S last season and spring I tested the JAWS Race can ( LOUD !!! ?
??) have been running Stage 3 and now playing with stage 4.... and yes drug the stock boat anchor up to the mountains to test against..... if you ADD weight and pull RPM its makin more power period.....

T
Aug 8, 2011
Skidoo turbo full of fuel ready to ride is 570lbs, rider and gear adds another 230lbs for easy figuring. 800lb total package excluding snow mass, 165 horsepower on a stocker is 4.85lbs per horsepower. So it takes 2.47 horsepower to compensate for 12lbs. All things being equal, if you lose 12lbs off the sled, you can lose 2.47 horsepower and be where you started…with a machine that feels better to ride and reacts to input better.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Scott at diamond-s spends a lot of time on the mountain testing, monitors and records as many engine parameters as he can when he makes his cans. Spends many hours/days doing this, that’s why his cans work on the mountain. Most of the others (not going to mention any names) buy a cheap “blank” automotive muffler and welded the ends on and hope it works good enough, and they usually do.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
They told me the stock can doesn’t flow well enough to not build too much heat in the stock pipe with stage 3&4.
They also just came out with revised tunes for this season. Can hardly wait to get them out.

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Still thinking I might give this kit a try.
But probably not till summer considering how LATE my Snowcheck is in arriving.

Premium Features