• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Camso Epic 280

Pickin’ Boogers

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2013
I tried a Camso Epic 280 even though I read several sources stating the track wasn't durable. Unfortunately, those sources were right. I lost several lugs on my first ride, with no abnormal abuse. More lugs gone upon each subsequent ride. I got five rides on it before deciding to warranty the track with Camso, and had to gamble the $100 it cost me to ship it to them. No luck on the warranty, so now I wish I had just kept the track as an emergency backup. The track was light and rode well enough, but I wasted $1000 on something that couldn't stand up to normal mountain riding. Save your money - I wish I had!

TreewellDweller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
McCall, Idaho
I tried a Camso Epic 280 even though I read several sources stating the track wasn't durable. Unfortunately, those sources were right. I lost several lugs on my first ride, with no abnormal abuse. More lugs gone upon each subsequent ride. I got five rides on it before deciding to warranty the track with Camso, and had to gamble the $100 it cost me to ship it to them. No luck on the warranty, so now I wish I had just kept the track as an emergency backup. The track was light and rode well enough, but I wasted $1000 on something that couldn't stand up to normal mountain riding. Save your money - I wish I had!
My experience was that it did not perform close to what I expected. I needed to replace my 165x16x3 skidoo track and felt this would be a comparable replacement for half the price. I ended up with half the performance. Side by side stock sleds, the skidoo track highmarked the 280 with ease. It was in 2-3’ of powder. It was so disappointing that I sold the sled with the 280 on it.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
My experience was that it did not perform close to what I expected. I needed to replace my 165x16x3 skidoo track and felt this would be a comparable replacement for half the price. I ended up with half the performance. Side by side stock sleds, the skidoo track highmarked the 280 with ease. It was in 2-3’ of powder. It was so disappointing that I sold the sled with the 280 on it.
I can see that if you replaced a doo 3”, that’s a very good deep powder track. We replaced the Polaris 2.6 on a couple sleds with the epic 280 and really liked it compared to the Polaris 2.6. Didn’t seem to have any less durability than the 2.6.

Premium Features