• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Reviews on the Camso Epic 280 track...?

Pickin’ Boogers

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2013
Mine threw lugs on the first ride, the second ride, the third ride. Winter pow, not hardpack. No luck with warranty, so a waste of money from my perspective.

TreewellDweller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
McCall, Idaho
My experience was that it did not perform close to what I expected. I needed to replace my 165x16x3 skidoo track and felt this would be a comparable replacement for half the price. I ended up with half the performance. Side by side stock sleds, the skidoo track highmarked the 280 with ease. It was in 2-3’ of powder. It was so disappointing that I sold the sled with the 280 on it.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
There a were a few of us who replaced our Polaris 2.6 tracks with the 280 epic. It was a great track on a axys. Better powder track than the Polaris 2.6”. Those of us thst used this track on the axys had no regrets. It’s light weight and hooks up well in the powder without the trenching of the 3” tracks.

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
I am looking also, but thinking Conquer 280????
I personally prefer the Conquer 280. The Epic looks too similar to the other Polaris tracks with too many paddles. I like the Powerclaw/Attack 20 style half track width paddles and in as long a pitch as possible. I think that style grabs more snow and packs it so you get better push. Our southern BC snow with lots of moisture in it seems to match these tracks. The blower pow in other places might be different. We only get those conditions here once in a while.

spoon

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
It is a trenching pos. Stay away.
If you are meaning the Epic track, I would agree based on my experience of that style of track on my last Polaris in our snow conditions here. Might be different in other areas.

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
If you are meaning the Epic track, I would agree based on my experience of that style of track on my last Polaris in our snow conditions here. Might be different in other areas.
the conquer 280 is a trencher and sheds lugs like candy.

The epic 280 sheds lugs also but only trenches less but doesn't outperform a series 6 track anywhere.

X
Oct 8, 2009
The conquer 280 is a great track if you get a good one. People who complain about trenching likely don't have enough power to drive it. I know that sounds weird, but that track needs very rapid acceleration from a dig to flex the paddles and create lift. My experience is that track works well if you make in the mid 200s horsepower...say 230 to 300. Past 300, it struggles in setup snow. If you are around 200 and lower, the conquer track likely trenches some, but you can compensate reasonably well with riding style/habits. If your sled doesn't have the power on the bottom end and the scenario is trench and you're stuck, you may find your self digging every so often. That's part of riding.

Last edited:

spoon

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
the conquer 280 is a trencher and sheds lugs like candy.

The epic 280 sheds lugs also but only trenches less but doesn't outperform a series 6 track anywhere.
3 seasons on my conquer 280, not a lug missing anywhere, never experienced the trenching issue. Running 9 psi turbo 800. I have destroyed lots of tracks in my sled career, not easy on my stuff but know when to let off in shi**ty conditions too. If you had a bad experience I understand, the first batch of 3" tracks from Camoplast were paddle shedders as well.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
3 seasons on my conquer 280, not a lug missing anywhere, never experienced the trenching issue. Running 9 psi turbo 800. I have destroyed lots of tracks in my sled career, not easy on my stuff but know when to let off in shi**ty conditions too. If you had a bad experience I understand, the first batch of 3" tracks from Camoplast were paddle shedders as well.
Both tracks were from the first batches.

Either way.

They failed quickly.

C
Dec 14, 2020
We put an epic 280 on my buddies intercooled boondocker m8000. Partly because it was a lot cheaper than the powder claw 2.6, partly because it was what we could find in stock and get in a hurry.

Trenches less than the PC, more traction than the PC, better cooling with a lot more snow thrown up.
First few hundred miles were in Cooke City. 80mph highway runs, powder, climbing chutes, playing in the trees, running over rocks... It didn't lose a single paddle.

Perviously I would pass on riding his sled because it trenched so bad. It was so much easier to ride slow and in control with the epic it was actually fun to ride and I didn't want to give it back.

Premium Features