• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tunnel Cutting

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Angles of shots mess with your eyes. best advice i have is back it up to a wall. see whats really inline. or bust out a level. I thought mine was "fairly close" until i did that and realized i still had a few inches of overhang on the tunnel.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Instead of cutting your tunnel any downfall to putting 165 rails and track runder a 155 tunnel on 2021 Pro RMK ??? Think that my plan
If Polaris doesn't come with a short tunnel in 2022 that's my plan... and even if they do shorten the tunnel I might still do this ;)

That combined with a BM Fab raised rear bumper should make for a nice no cut short tunnel.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
That's my plan also, buy a 155 sled in 22 and take the 165 from my current sled and get some rails.

J
Nov 27, 2016
if you take off 7 inch it will be very difficult to keep the snowflap
So without that you have more chance to overheat in the trail
You have to know when you do long trail to the top of mountain Be ready to over heat and have to stop couple time
I put the 2 BRP icescrather on each side to prevent that
That help but on icy day its tuff to keep it cold

If somebody find a way to keep the snowflap on with a 7 inch tunnel cut
Let me know because when its bumpy on the trail he always go under the tunnel

C
Nov 29, 2008
You have to know when you do long trail to the top of mountain Be ready to over heat and have to stop couple time

The little snow deflector that clips to the rear axel (lynx??) might be the solution .....

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009
Anyone out there who cut their tunnel short still have a piece of the cooler extrusion kicking around? If so, id be interested in acquiring a cross section of it for an improved tunnel shortening Kit I'm working on...

C
Nov 29, 2008
If doing again would probably get local shop to bend a section of al in a brake and do a lap joint rather than a mitred join ...bit of a pita to clean up the cut section to get a suitable piece to weld back in ....for a kit the back edge could be pre cut for the track rail line sections

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009
We’re thinking along the same lines, I’m really hoping someone out there can save me a piece of their tunnel extrusion so that I can design & machine a kit that would make this process a lot cleaner, easier and stronger.. without all the mitres and fitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
We’re thinking along the same lines, I’m really hoping someone out there can save me a piece of their tunnel extrusion so that I can design & machine a kit that would make this process a lot cleaner, easier and stronger.. without all the mitres and fitting.

if you design a kit you cannot have anything hanging at the back like the kit out there and no plastic fittings

C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009
We’re on the same page there!!

wonderxc600

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
MN
I just took my snow flap off and a higher pumper and I noticed the difference, it keeps digging/ going, so in that aspect it helps, but some times I just end up just digging a deeper hole, but it can give you that little extra to get out of situations as well, I can do 180s when I hit steep inclines now. When I couldn't before, I'm no pro and I still fail half the time, but I couldn't do, it with the snow flap on, so coming from a average rider I would do it, if I could afford to have someone do it, but for know. I'll just keep the snow flap off.

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
To the OP, even if you do it right you're still flirting with keeping your new warranty intact once you modify the cooling system. As always your warranty is only as good as your dealer, but as popular as this mod is becoming I wouldn't be surprised if Polaris investigates if the rear end of the sled has been modified.

The easiest way to "keep your warranty" is to keep a close eye on your temps. Digital wrench logs all "overheat events" if you don't have any "overheat events" in your DW log-- Polaris can't deny warranty for a cooling system modification.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho

I might have a peice here soon

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009
I might have a peice here soon

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

If you can save a good intact cross section of the cooler I’d pay for the shipping to get it here, feel free to message me for more info.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
I just took my snow flap off and a higher pumper and I noticed the difference, it keeps digging/ going, so in that aspect it helps, but some times I just end up just digging a deeper hole, but it can give you that little extra to get out of situations as well, I can do 180s when I hit steep inclines now. When I couldn't before, I'm no pro and I still fail half the time, but I couldn't do, it with the snow flap on, so coming from a average rider I would do it, if I could afford to have someone do it, but for know. I'll just keep the snow flap off.
This is why I created the Everett Removable Snow Flap Kit. The difference is very noticeable by just taking your flap off. Significantly cheaper alternative for the average rider...

jb800

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Currently MN

Just took 6.5 off of mine. I just plan on running a short strap from flap to bumper so it doesn't allow it to fold under.

C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009
Just took 6.5 off of mine. I just plan on running a short strap from flap to bumper so it doesn't allow it to fold under.

Would you have a piece of the cooler extrusion that you cut off still kicking around? Would love to get a sample piece if so!

jb800

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Currently MN
Would you have a piece of the cooler extrusion that you cut off still kicking around? Would love to get a sample piece if so!

Should. I will be picking it up from weld Friday or early next week. I will let ya know.

Premium Features