• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Speedwerx Supercharger

A
Dec 23, 2018
That is true, just seems like the big twin turbo setups never launch as well as other cars. Maybe just a false perception on my part and more to it than just the powerplant.

Turbo door cars in x275 with 60 foot times in the 1.1 and 1.0.
look at Daniel Pharris 2017 GT350 twin turbo car running 3.57 car in radial vs the world is a absolute beast. X275, radial vs the world, light out, SCSN, NMRA that’s real racing lol I can’t even watch that street outlaws garbage those guys are a joke pro mods on the street and **** still slower then door slammers lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bwmech

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2018
I have owned and ran both setups. after many years on a turbo sled i broke down and tried the supercharger from speedwerx, but carls cycle did the hole setup for me (top notch job) when i took deleivery of the 2015 SC RMK i was and still am totally impressed hands down better than any turbo setup i have ever ridden ridden. If i was still a hard a rider as i was in my 30s till even esarly 40s i would definately do another one on my Khaos, but the 850 does everything i want to now. my suoer charger at 6psi would run neck and neck with any sidekick or silber turbo at 8psi even on the big end, and yes they were all very good running sleds. the price is steap for sure but the fun factor covers that.

F

Fack

Nov 28, 2007
You will get much less top end. The Agility with water to air will way outperform a Sc. The non intercooled agility or side kick switch will outperform the Sc

You will get much less top end. The Agility with water to air will way outperform a Sc. The non intercooled agility or side kick switch will outperform the Sc

That’s definitely not been my experience and I ride with them all...

A
Dec 23, 2018
I have owned and ran both setups. after many years on a turbo sled i broke down and tried the supercharger from speedwerx, but carls cycle did the hole setup for me (top notch job) when i took deleivery of the 2015 SC RMK i was and still am totally impressed hands down better than any turbo setup i have ever ridden ridden. If i was still a hard a rider as i was in my 30s till even esarly 40s i would definately do another one on my Khaos, but the 850 does everything i want to now. my suoer charger at 6psi would run neck and neck with any sidekick or silber turbo at 8psi even on the big end, and yes they were all very good running sleds. the price is steap for sure but the fun factor covers that.

No way the Sc outruns the turbo on the top I’ve seen first hand the turbo pulls way harder too end.

F

Fack

Nov 28, 2007
No way the Sc outruns the turbo on the top I’ve seen first hand the turbo pulls way harder too end.

Again..... not my experience and I ride with a bunch of them.

bwmech

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2018

sorry i didnt see it, i was driving it and yes it happened. Im not talking about a half mile pull but on our hill which is roughly 400 to 450 foot at 6900 foot it did multiple times

A
Dec 23, 2018
I call bullshit on that or the turbo wasn’t right. No way unless your comparing a 155 pump gas non intercooled turbo to a 163 w2s Sc.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
When i first tested the pro, with jeremy and bill, before they turned it over to carls cycle a guy had his turboed cat there and thought it ran better. Lined them up and he got his lunch ate. The sc was on a 155. He completely changed his tune. I believe the cat was running 7.

A
Dec 23, 2018
I had one and it was build by jeremy and had multiple updateds/fixes maybe mine was a dud but it was by far the slowest and least power out of all the boosted sleds I’ve had. I’ve had about 10 turbo sleds and the Sc made no power in comparison for me. I also have a riding buddy they had one on his 2016 cat and removed it because he said all it did was make noise and no power ran clean but very little gains. Again maybe these were just bad ones idk

On a side note another company is working on a SC for a lot less money then the speed Werx you will probably see on the snow next year should be interesting

bwmech

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2018
I call bullshit on that or the turbo wasn’t right. No way unless your comparing a 155 pump gas non intercooled turbo to a 163 w2s Sc.

you can call what ever you want but it happened none the less.

F

Fack

Nov 28, 2007
Haha nope

I’m wondering if your supercharger was installed backwards? I read your post where you said your turbo spooled quicker and I know you’ve got problems. I ride with a large group of turbos from various suppliers in all states of tune and everyone is impressed with the cat supercharger. It makes way more bottom end power than a turbo - no comparison. It’s a handful if you’re not ready for it. I’ll say that the top end feels similar but I still lean towards the supercharger being faster.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I’m pretty sure there is no way to install the supercharger backwards. There is a current company who builds turbo kit who will have a much less expensive SC next season

F

Fack

Nov 28, 2007
I’m pretty sure there is no way to install the supercharger backwards. There is a current company who builds turbo kit who will have a much less expensive SC next season

Little humor...

A
Dec 23, 2018
I’m wondering if your supercharger was installed backwards? I read your post where you said your turbo spooled quicker and I know you’ve got problems. I ride with a large group of turbos from various suppliers in all states of tune and everyone is impressed with the cat supercharger. It makes way more bottom end power than a turbo - no comparison. It’s a handful if you’re not ready for it. I’ll say that the top end feels similar but I still lean towards the supercharger being faster.

You must be comparing it to pump gas non intercooled turbos. It was installed by speed Werx. I’ve ride more the one and compared to say BD ST they are not fast

F

Fack

Nov 28, 2007
You must be comparing it to pump gas non intercooled turbos. It was installed by speed Werx. I’ve ride more the one and compared to say BD ST they are not fast

Compared to lots of turbos in various states of tune - a well setup supercharged cat is very fast. Heard the Polaris is working good too.

nytro41

Premium Member
Oct 11, 2008
Some where in the hills ID

My cousins 20 SC out runs my 20 BD SK. from start to finish the SC is faster. but with Speedwerx clutching the BD SK walked on it. changed the clutching and boom we have it the other way around

Premium Features