• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019?

snoballssnoglory

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2008
Snoballs why is a poo guy trolling in the 18 up cat section...... ;)
So I’m clear w the rules according to Kiliki... it’s cool for a guy w zero Polaris machines to post in the Poo section but for a guy who owns 4 cats (currently) can’t post in a cat section???? :0

Absolutely not brand loyal...
Unless we are talking pizza. I’m pretty serious about my pizza. Nom nom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
I think the the "Ascender" is the new chassis just like Doo did with the XP to Xm and Poo did with the Pro to the Axis As much as Id like to see a new ground up chassis I think its 5 years away. Im sure well see advancements till then. Shot style system etc.

I agree with you, although i will add that the new Cat platform doesn't physically look much different than its predecessor, and I think that has an effect on sales numbers. People tend to expect a drastic change, but to a lot of people, it doesn't look "new," it's just a plastics update. On paper, I'd agree with them too, that's all it looks like.

My buddy got a new Mountain Cat this year and it is pretty impressive for sure, but you have to actually experience it to know that. Like others have said, hopefully Textron can help with the marketing problem, and hopefully Cat can keep up with the competition at the same time.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Heard from a bird in 10 days, there will b early build 19s to demo Ryde. Also something to make the snowcheck worth snowchecking. ����

Should probably throw a rock at that bird.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Better start selling those 18s now before the 19 is released or they are going to be as useless as my 2016 turbo... #gamesAchanging

Just the "big dog". The rest of the lineup will be similar to 18 so they won't take such a hard hit.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Looking at your little avatar, if that is the new 19 Mountain Cat, looks like maybe a new ski, track, tunnel and something to do with the bars/post. Of course the single rail skid :)

Thanx for your insider info, find you are almost always dead on!

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I think the the "Ascender" is the new chassis just like Doo did with the XP to Xm and Poo did with the Pro to the Axis As much as Id like to see a new ground up chassis I think its 5 years away. Im sure well see advancements till then. Shot style system etc.

Man I hate when people compare the Pro-Axys CHASSIS change to the BODY WORK changes from XP-XM and Proclimb-Assender. The Axys was a new sled from the ground up. But yes I would agree that the Ascender is here to stay for at least a couple more years. Plenty of little things to improve upon until then.

dboivin

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2013
Michigan
overheard a local dealer this weekend say cat sled sales were up 55% this year. I couldn't tell in what regard he meant but do know this... I know 3 guys searching out mountain cats here and they can't find them...and the ones they are finding are being held at full price by the dealers because they know there ain't many around these parts.

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
The "shot" system isn't as "spacial" as you may think. . Its old teck.
One could also potentially use a high torque servo motor to rotate the motor to top dead centre and they fire the spark to get the motor running. Many options out there, just need the Cat to get on board.

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
Someone out there must have the inside scoop. And they are probably sitting laughing saying oh your hot.. getting hotter.... wait cold! Very cold lol come on through us a bone! Haha :face-icon-small-blu

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
The "shot" system isn't as "spacial" as you may think. . Its old teck.
One could also potentially use a high torque servo motor to rotate the motor to top dead centre and they fire the spark to get the motor running. Many options out there, just need the Cat to get on board.

Oh I agree, but neither is a IR sensor pointed at a belt! That would just be par for the course trade. You know, to make both sides feel good they got something.

snoballssnoglory

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2008
I sure like the idea of continuously monitoring my belt temp. Not that I would! Lol

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I sure like the idea of continuously monitoring my belt temp. Not that I would! Lol

It would be about like monitoring my RPM when the snow's really deep: cant see it when the gage is covered! As long as it's working good keep it pinned!

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
It would be about like monitoring my RPM when the snow's really deep: cant see it when the gage is covered! As long as it's working good keep it pinned!
I watch my belt temp on my 14.
I have to so i don't blow a belt. 230° kills belts quick.
84cf56d206c4c7d3159dc173cc2a05ed.jpg

Water

Premium Features