• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Congrats to cat

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
Says who? Where's the facts? My 16 cat sucks and the new one dosnt look much different? Narrowed side panels with a few tweaks to the engine. My 16 was narrow enough and has plenty of responsiveness it just feels like I'm too far back off the skis and gets 32 miles to a tank. Which looks like neither has been changed

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
My 16 Cat totally rocks!!! Love this sled soooo much, gets right up on the snow, carves and sidehills like no other, Cadillac of sled suspensions. Motor pulls hard and never misses a beat. Cat has made critical improvements in 17 and 18 with and with the new Ctec motor it's a pow shredding beast.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Sure they already know. The 16 and up Cats deserve a lot more credit than they have got. Poo will be putting out another copy of the 16, Doo will be fixing problems aka 2009. Although I must give them kudos for the shot starting system. The 18 Cat will be the sled to beat, it will be sled of the year for 18. Remember you heard it here first:face-icon-small-ton

Josh, if your sled only gets 32 miles to a tank there is something wrong, unless you're riding 3 feet of fresh every ride. I ride with Pro's and when we fill up we are all within 1/2 a gallon of each other every ride.

Last edited:

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
From what I can tell, cat maybe caught up to doo and poo. To say that this "all new chassis" is now king of the hill with almost no comparison to the other brands is ludicrous.

From someone who actually rode it, (Eric at vohk) he said the new engine makes about the same top end power as the Suzuki 800 and a better midrange. If that's the case it's not going to beat the 850. And cats chassis has MAYBE finally caught up to the axys. But the mountain cat I rode felt way heavier than the other two so I'm still not convinced. But I am glad to see cat improving. Maybe they will gain back some customers. But they would also need to start treating their dealers good.

Last edited:

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
Precisely my thoughts when the new doo doo came out last year. . . hahaha :)

The difference is, cat hasn't done an all new chassis since 2012. The 850 is an all new chassis and it has proven to be a very capable contender for the top spot. I have yet to see a stock axys out perform my stock 850, back when it was stock. And more than once have seen the 850 out perform the axys. A better track and more power has a way of doing that. Or.........maybe I'm just a better rider. :face-icon-small-win

Last edited:

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
Skidoo trenches to much and axys engine feels like a phazer. Cat in 18 sled to beat. Video on here some where of it smoking 850

Where did you see a comparison of all 3 '18 sleds? Or are you just tickled pink that the new can can finally beat some of the older model polaris/skidoos?

If it makes you feel any better I'll let you line up against me and my trusty 600 and let you beat me up the hill :eyebrows:

@Xfire You'll have to let me tag along next year. I'll be living/working in CO starting in May. I promise I won't be rocking the 600 still :ballchain:

Premium Features