• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone have a # to AC that has some pull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Don't mess with Wyoboy and his 2 nut swingers, bcil and co 2.0.
They concocted a fake story for ac to believe and apparently AC fell for it. Wyoboy also thinks the ecu is like an airplane black box and holds all the worlds secrets. I guess if the ecu is like a black box, the dealer will know what caused it or maybe it's just piston voodoo.
Anyway, since the black box coughed up no pertinent info and the part was replaced with no cause determined, it will just happen again in short time.
To top it off, no pics, ever. Big scam if you ask me.

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
The sled was warmed up, and running at 128*, I was going slow.

All this is in my posts

You said my fault,

So you think under normal slow poke operation with proper warm up the customer gets screwed. If that's the case I wouldn't own a cat.

To answer your question, anything could cause it, read the old pays is all in there.

They are covering it

Anything could cause it? Lol, again, please explain....anything does not cause a cold seize. The cylinders were not warm enough, and you probably opened it up for 2 or 3 seconds, cylinders expand, and walla. THAT IS HOW A COLD SEIZE GOES DOWN. LOL

Like I said, I cold sieze my xp, when I did it, amd I did it twice, one after another (piston didnt stick until the second time, first time, the sled just stalled after I let off on a 3 or 4 second WOT. I never thought it could happen that quick, but it did.

Anyways, I guess you got your story and youre sticking to it, and AC, I stand behind my original post, IT SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN COVERED.

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Big $hit storm comin up. These clowns are start up the "baffle'm with BS" machine.
With no pics or anything of substance. Wyoboy gonna offer up a fake $1,000 but he has no money and he's gonna come up with a lame reason why he won't pay. Same ol' same ol'.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
This isnt my deal as i never saw the parts that failed. But you would know that if either of you had any reading comprehension

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Since none of you can offer how else you get a cold seize, maybe you can explain why my statement is silly? Lol

It's only silly because you're making an assumption & making an absolute statement that can be proven to the contrary. I'm not an amazing mechanic, but as I mentioned above I've seen ones that clearly were not operator error, two were on the same sled stock pistons, normal days... and slam, 4 corner. never did figure it out, BUT... we didn't have Kanedog who would have rented a car & driven to us to prove it was his fault.

We felt it was a thermostst that was sticking closed for longer than it should (holding cold coolant away from the motor then coming open & letting it into a very hot motor), but his temps never went up other times we checked it. After one rebuild we ran it, tried a bunch of scenarios, it showed zero sign of anything being wrong... then cold seized again 2 weeks later.

I didn't see this failure, didn't see wyo till after it was all done (he lived 3 hours away till 2 weeks ago... I don't ride where he lived), and have approximately ZIP to do with whatever happened, I'm just saying that to say with complete conviction that it's operator error is a poor assumption imo.

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
It's only silly because you're making an assumption & making an absolute statement that can be proven to the contrary. I'm not an amazing mechanic, but as I mentioned above I've seen ones that clearly were not operator error, two were on the same sled stock pistons, normal days... and slam, 4 corner. never did figure it out, BUT... we didn't have Kanedog who would have rented a car & driven to us to prove it was his fault.

We felt it was a thermostst that was sticking closed for longer than it should (holding cold coolant away from the motor then coming open & letting it into a very hot motor), but his temps never went up other times we checked it. After one rebuild we ran it, tried a bunch of scenarios, it showed zero sign of anything being wrong... then cold seized again 2 weeks later.

I didn't see this failure, didn't see wyo till after it was all done (he lived 3 hours away till 2 weeks ago... I don't ride where he lived), and have approximately ZIP to do with whatever happened, I'm just saying that to stay with complete conviction that it's operator error is a poor assumption imo.

Fair enough

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Enjoy your next 4 corner seizure. Hahahahahahahaha.
Like you, I feel I do enough re-engineering for my brand and they don't pay me. As a matter of fact, neither will you so you and cat can gather round the said 4 corner seize piston, wave it slowly over the ecu while humming and see what answers materialize.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Well... just remember KD... there's a buck with your name on it the next time anyone in CO has a mechanical issue, get ready.

Oh yeah btw... the 16 cat handled great in the deeper dirt & rocks, sidehilled AWESOME in grass... big improvements.

1505620_10204163219102771_8163102808552744968_n.jpg

seriously though... huge improvements. This is what this sled was meant to be. Narrow the boards & panels to match the narrow skis, and it'll be a killer. Little nervous about the spindle though, that single leg coming up IMO has a good chance of bending like the doo T3 spindles have been this year. always hard to tell from looks though... I like the design though, and the fact that the spindle rolls inward. in punch spring snow it was a noticeable difference.

Still having a killer time in CO though...
10456037_10204163157141222_387205120625217974_n.jpg

644452_10204163216942717_5540370404088508119_n.jpg

Last edited:

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
I did offer in posts way back, since you lack the intelligence to understand the functions that could cause a over heated piston is not my problem, it's yours.

You're a real winner arent ya. Gotta resort to calling names? Over heated pistons melt. Again, go look up what a cold seize is, maybe you don't know. You aslo said anything could cause it, and that;'s just not the case.

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
Well... just remember KD... there's a buck with your name on it the next time anyone in CO has a mechanical issue, get ready.

Oh yeah btw... the 16 cat handled great in the deeper dirt & rocks, sidehilled AWESOME in grass... big improvements.

1505620_10204163219102771_8163102808552744968_n.jpg

seriously though... huge improvements. This is what this sled was meant to be. Narrow the boards & panels to match the narrow skis, and it'll be a killer. Little nervous about the spindle though, that single leg coming up IMO has a good chance of bending like the doo T3 spindles have been this year. always hard to tell from looks though... I like the design though, and the fact that the spindle rolls inward. in punch spring snow it was a noticeable difference.

Still having a killer time in CO though...
10456037_10204163157141222_387205120625217974_n.jpg

644452_10204163216942717_5540370404088508119_n.jpg

Nice air time!

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
You're a real winner arent ya. Gotta resort to calling names? Over heated pistons melt. Again, go look up what a cold seize is, maybe you don't know. You aslo said anything could cause it, and that;'s just not the case.

You either didn't read the posts, your reading comprehension is bad or your just uneducated. Not name calling just telling the truth. Cat is the one that called it a cold seize, btw.
I'm just sick of explaining 1000 times the things I've already explained because some backyard mechanic thinks he knows something.
I actually do know how these sleds operate and the multiple possible things that "could" happen in order to cause a cold seize. Which is basically a 4 corner from piston swell.
Yet I've seen multiple engines do it at operating temp. I also understand why they did

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
"Yet I've seen multiple engines do it at operating temp. I also understand why they did[/QUOTE]

One would think that if you understand why it happens then you could avoid it happening in the future. But then it keeps happening to you on 3 different motors?

Am I missing something? Is this "cold seize" gonna be an cat epidemic or just to wyoboy's motors?

Something smells fishy.

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
Obviously cat understands this as well, hence the warranty.

Well initially they denied it right, squeeky wheel gets the grease...or in this case, warranty. Probably tired of your threats, and maybe a freebe because you do help out? IDK.

All I've tried to do is understand more, and you've done nothing to "educate" this backyard mechanic, which as I stated, is all I am, and already stated I don't know a whole lot, but now that makes me stupid.

I stopped reading the first page half way down when all it was was a lot of bickering. It would be real easy to quote where you explained the many ways an engine could cold seize, instead of being an ignorant AZZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features