• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 axys RMK... beginning to see some details.

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
A factory tether switch is what I want to see.

I asked the head engineer about that at the reveal today. He said there has been a lot of internal discussion on it. Polaris thinks the product liability (covering a failure of a tether to work properly) is to great to add it from the factory.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
I asked the head engineer about that at the reveal today. He said there has been a lot of internal discussion on it. Polaris thinks the product liability (covering a failure of a tether to work properly) is to great to add it from the factory.

Really. Doo has had them from factory for forever.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008

If they can make a kill switch work, they can make a tether work.

What a load of BS.

edit: ^yeah plus because skidoo and stuff. Gimme a break. They even made it a coded key.......but polaris can't make another binary switch. Right.

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
I'm not about to read all 11 pages so I don't know if this was covered but when the pc came out everyone ranted and moaned about the taller a arms. Now poo does it and suddenly its genius. :face-icon-small-dis

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
I'm not about to read all 11 pages so I don't know if this was covered but when the pc came out everyone ranted and moaned about the taller a arms. Now poo does it and suddenly its genius. :face-icon-small-dis

Q & A for the engineers tonight

Q-The spindles look taller. Cats newer spindles drag in the snow more when on edge due to the height. If the stance is still 39-40-41 depending on the ski setting, is there any negative effects to the spindles in the snow if they are in fact taller?

A-the spindles are longer below the lower ball joint which unlike the Arctic Cat lifts the chassis without causing any drag in the snow because the longer spindle is behind the ski.

longlugs

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2013
Northern Utah

Per Poo FB Q&A:

Danny Clarke: The spindles look taller. Cats newer spindles drag in the snow more when on edge due to the height. If the stance is still 39-40-41 depending on the ski setting, is there any negative effects to the spindles in the snow if they are in fact taller?
Like · Reply · 2 hours ago

Polaris Snowmobiles: Hi Danny, the spindles are longer below the lower ball joint which unlike the Arctic Cat lifts the chassis without causing any drag in the snow because the longer spindle is behind the ski.

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
Per Poo FB Q&A:

Danny Clarke: The spindles look taller. Cats newer spindles drag in the snow more when on edge due to the height. If the stance is still 39-40-41 depending on the ski setting, is there any negative effects to the spindles in the snow if they are in fact taller?
Like · Reply · 2 hours ago

Polaris Snowmobiles: Hi Danny, the spindles are longer below the lower ball joint which unlike the Arctic Cat lifts the chassis without causing any drag in the snow because the longer spindle is behind the ski.

That doesn't even make sense. The spindle is in the snow regardless of where the ball joint is at. When the sled is on its side what does the chassis height have to do with anything.

longlugs

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2013
Northern Utah
That doesn't even make sense. The spindle is in the snow regardless of where the ball joint is at. When the sled is on its side what does the chassis height have to do with anything.

Good point. Just passing on what was posted by Polaris. I'm curious about the "because the longer spindle is behind the ski" part of the answer.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Unlike arctic cat which has the spindles in front of the ski.

Wait wut?

D
Nov 14, 2013
Again, I was expecting (perhaps wrongly) a complete redesign. The first eleven pages of this thread are loaded with hopes and predictions.

Much of this stated by Sledheader, but some clarification:

For starters, still raw aluminum everything. One of the biggest bitches is the amount of snow the Pro holds. More of the same, even more with raw aluminum a-arms. Still hoping for a special snow check with painted/anodized parts - but why is polaris still behind on this?

39" front end. I'd be nice to have a 36" factory option. Undoubtedly a popular modification.

2.7" track. How about a 3" option? Maybe on the snow check or available on the 163"? Let's hope they are still making a 163".

No tunnel reinforcements and weak azz bumpers. Once again plan spending $600+ on proper bumpers that can take a hit without caving and tunnel reinforcements around the bulkhead and behind the running boards.

Am I going to snow check a '16? Probably. Is this a game changing sled? I guess time will tell.

I guess you can't please everyone........who says the 36" stance is better? I haven't met anyone?

What manufacturer has a better stock bumper setup? Haven't seen one?

Is the 3" the be all end all? I see the XM's chewing pretty good, but only straight uphill.

Powder coating should be standard, but I guess there will be a price difference between a standard pro-something or other.

I haven't seen this sled in the flesh but do we know that the footwell area is still weak? Yes there should be more reinforcement above the rear skid mounts, though it looks like some work has been done there.

Yawn???? This sled has addressed everything we have asked for....ok minus the belt drive....

If anyone is looking for me on days off, I will be selling my body cheap on the streets of revy ;) holding a sign that reads.....need snowcheck dollas

Last edited:
P

Peevo

Feb 2, 2010
Sweden

I see a million ways to fix that issue. Why not have the same bog as with the reverse when it's unplugged? You can get home but not more than that. And if you push down the reverse button at the same time you override that bog.

I give that idea for free to the Polaris engineers. If you want 999,999 different versions of it, just ask. :face-icon-small-hap

Have skid marks on my jacket and bibs from two different rides. So personally it's a must have for me. And I see no reason not to have it.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
The bumper thing is probably the stupidest discussion on this board. If it came with a big burly bumper stock....some jackass would be making something that looked just like the current stock bumper, selling as a "lightweight mod" and guys would be buying it like crazy. Don't hit 6" diameter+++ trees and the stock bumpers are fine. Nailing trees with any of the current bumper offerings probably won't go well.

D
Nov 14, 2013
Everyone who's ever ridden one on a pro, XM or M-series.

Arctic Cat, Skidoo, Yamaha. Just a few.

Ridden one on a pro, xp and xm can't say I enjoyed it on the pro or xp, seems ok on the xm. the pro is nice with the 39".

Uhhh ski doo? just watched a minor tree bump push in a bumper, break the nose plastic and dent the pipe to the point where it had to be cut open banged out an re-welded..plus the pipe has to be removed to put the 4 dinky rivets that 'hold' it on back in. I didn't know anyone still rode cats or yammys?

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
Ridden one on a pro, xp and xm can't say I enjoyed it on the pro or xp, seems ok on the xm. the pro is nice with the 39".

Uhhh ski doo? just watched a minor tree bump push in a bumper, break the nose plastic and dent the pipe to the point where it had to be cut open banged out an re-welded..plus the pipe has to be removed to put the 4 dinky rivets that 'hold' it on back in. I didn't know anyone still rode cats or yammys?

You must be a trail rider, they do suck on the trail. That's old news. What u rode, I guarantee it had a sway bar hooked up, right! Try one without. I have both setups, let me tell yah, the sway bar sucks. The combo with taller bars and no SB, is effortless.

D

dp2826

Dec 31, 2007
NW Iowa
I will be checking one of these bad boys. I am long overdue for a new sled. My toughest decision will be 155 or 163. Man I wish it was March 2! May even make it more difficult to decide when I see what else they release.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008

I'm not going to defend anything skidoo, trust me ;)

I'm just saying when they went with a narrower stance it was "better". Still not "good"

I was thinking about the rear bumpers.....my bad if you weren't. And I'm pretty sure you could figure out a way to pull on the rear bumper of an xm/xp and still bend the nun/module.

But for rear bumpers.......EVERY other sled has a better one.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Trust me... you wont need 36" arms on this sled...it's higher stance makes this a completely different sled... completely different character.

Saying that you need a given suspension setup because you liked it on your PRO RMK has nothing to do with the new sled.

Am I saying that a 36" wide front will be a bad idea... I don't know... nor does anyone else at this point... when some owners can put a set on the new AXYS PRO RMK sled... THEN we'll know... not before.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Speaking of bumpers lol. We still haven't seen the sled with the "bumper" pictured at the beginning of the vid.

If you can't picture the difference in drag between a spindle lengthened below the lower a-arm instead of between the a-arms, I guess you'll have to just keep scratching your head.

Good to see all the comments and fear from every corner. As MH has continually said and many chose to ignore, there's more cooomiiing lol.

Premium Features