• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 axys RMK... beginning to see some details.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Are they still outsourcing the wiring to the lowest Chinese bidder? Just curious, as that is another of their major weaknesses in my opinion. Why have a completely electronic sled and skimp on the artery system? Asking for a lot of frustrating issues IMO. Although it opens the door for someone stateside to manufacture a quality replacement.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Those in the know, since Polaris didn't upgrade their suspension package do you have any idea on shock lengths for the '16? I'm curious if I'll be able to transfer my Raptors off of my '14 pro. Longer spindles, more clearance, maybe same shock length?

I'm thinking the shocks are shorter since the spindle got taller. But I don't think anyone knows for sure the length of the shock.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Are they still outsourcing the wiring to the lowest Chinese bidder? Just curious, as that is another of their major weaknesses in my opinion. Why have a completely electronic sled and skimp on the artery system? Asking for a lot of frustrating issues IMO. Although it opens the door for someone stateside to manufacture a quality replacement.

I did pass on my opinion of their wiring to the engineers. Those issues are easily avoidable. 50 cents worth of dielectric grease and stainless bolts on grounds would solve literally hundreds of trips to dealers.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I did pass on my opinion of their wiring to the engineers. Those issues are easily avoidable. 50 cents worth of dielectric grease and stainless bolts on grounds would solve literally hundreds of trips to dealers.

Unfortunately that is not the engineers call, but rather the bean counters. Unfortunately for them; the people who choose those careers fall into the needless oxygen consumer class, IME / IMO. I have no doubt they could do their jobs correctly, they just choose not to, IME.

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
It doesn't make sense to release the new sled at 9am on website then have a big unveiling in yellowstone when people can sit at home and see it. There has to be more to this big unveiling in a hour

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I'm thinking the shocks are shorter since the spindle got taller. But I don't think anyone knows for sure the length of the shock.

My bet would be very close to the same length. As even with the longer spindle you still want the same travel. Similar A-arm length is going to yield a similar shock length, assuming the lower shock mount geometry on the lower A-arm remains at a similar distance from the chassis pivot. The spindle only changed from the lower A-arm down to the ski, the rest is status quo. At least what one can infer from the photos.

Last edited:

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
It doesn't make sense to release the new sled at 9am on website then have a big unveiling in yellowstone when people can sit at home and see it. There has to be more to this big unveiling in a hour

I agree. There is lots of hype around the 5 pm unveiling in west. I was caught off guard to see this sled on polaris's website this morning.

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
I agree. There is lots of hype around the 5 pm unveiling in west. I was caught off guard to see this sled on polaris's website this morning.

Show me that 163"*14*2.6 track with curved design, 36"ski stance Xtreme Terrain Dominator RMK! !
Just kidding. Seriously though I'd snow check one, but if this is all we have in store for next season I'll just hang on to my 800 Pro.

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Show me that 163"*14*2.6 track with curved design, 36"ski stance Xtreme Terrain Dominator RMK! !
Just kidding. Seriously though I'd snow check one, but if this is all we have in store for next season I'll just hang on to my 800 Pro.

LOL You are probably right! honestly, I would probably trust that they have worked it out snow check one as well!!!

Either way I'm snowchecking something, I'm dead set on it!

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy

To add to this a low profile skinz style seat, a aggressive carls cut ski design, nasty front/rear bumpers, and BNG!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont

After riding what was released this morning, I can't imagine what it will be like to ride something like this XTD, if it turns out to be true.

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
After riding what was released this morning, I can't imagine what it will be like to ride something like this XTD, if it turns out to be true.

I can dream and pray! I honestly believe even if it were the worst trail riding sled ever built but was a mountain slayer machine everyone would still buy it! I think the market would still be huge because everyone wants what's new, and as long as it cuts through sidehills, and slays those steep climbs no one would care how it felt on the trail because that's not what it was made for.
Polaris has it in their pocket, I just know it. They are only company willing to think outside the box (ex. The Polaris Rzr side by side) no one thought those would sell.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
I am interested in how strong those a arms are they look very rigid. I hope the fold before the bulkhead does. One thing I like about the pro over xm is not bending a nun.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I am interested in how strong those a arms are they look very rigid. I hope the fold before the bulkhead does. One thing I like about the pro over xm is not bending a nun.

They are designed to take impact, but fail before bulkhead damage occurs...in a good way.

longlugs

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2013
Northern Utah
Yeah, no doubt. There hasn't been a post in over an hour on this thread - a record! They must be caught up in the big "unveiling".

longlugs

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2013
Northern Utah
Those in the know, since Polaris didn't upgrade their suspension package do you have any idea on shock lengths for the '16? I'm curious if I'll be able to transfer my Raptors off of my '14 pro. Longer spindles, more clearance, maybe same shock length?

Engineers confirmed on Facebook chat that front shocks are the same length for the '16 sled. Awesome, there's $1300.00 less I'll have to spend.

Premium Features