• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

POLARIS 2015 Sleds: Photos and Details

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
attachment.php

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
My friend is happier than he!! He was one of the winners of a sled in 60 days. When this was posted he was elated. Has not had a sled in over 20+ years.
He is pumped for his 800 SB 144 he won ( choice between that or 800 rmk) chose the SB because he lives in lower Michigan.
Polaris does something right they advertise. Whether you like it or not you looked at it.
I like the new ones and the choices they brought to the table.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I'm really liking this one... A custom RMK .... Low bars, the orange/black color scheme, low windshield, Colored tunnels, upgraded bumpers, Colored accents (springs/rails/spindles/ski-tips), "Assault-stlye" piggyback shocks, RMK width ski stance, and chaincase, front tunnel cooler, with a 163

mananu3y.jpg

pysameda.jpg

If it had welded a arms it would be even better!
Does it have the alum upper frame?

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
I'm really liking this one... A custom RMK .... Low bars, the orange/black color scheme, low windshield, Colored tunnels, upgraded bumpers, Colored accents (springs/rails/spindles/ski-tips), "Assault-stlye" piggyback shocks, RMK width ski stance, and chaincase, front tunnel cooler, with a 163

mananu3y.jpg

pysameda.jpg

A Pro-RMK with a chaincase and front tunnel cooler??????? You sure about that???? From the link below, it looks like a normal Pro chassis and engine wise to me.

http://www.polaris.com/en-us/snowmobiles/800-pro-rmk-163-terrain-dominator

Last edited:
P
Nov 26, 2007
Sheetmetalfab: it does have welded a arm just like the assault and the only carbon fiber is the rear bumper. Well I just looked if you choose a 163 the picture shows carbon fiber stuff but so does a 155 so who knows

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK

mananu3y.jpg

pysameda.jpg

I like that one also, still owe $800 on my 2014 lol. couple of payments. not sure if its worth getting a 15? only have 500 miles on my 2014. Better than some i guess? see 2013s for sale with 350 miles, life happends i guess but 11 month old and mom working satudays and -30 every weekend in december/january and i still got 500 miles.

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota

No chain case or front cooler on that one if you look at the specs.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
So because you ride polaris, all your guys go on to other brands threads and say "oh should have bought brand x instead, they're x-pounds lighter" means we can't come on to one thread and voice our opinion? Go look at every Yamaha thread about the new viper. Guaranteed a guy on poo or doo said "glad I don't ride Yamaha, you guys should switch over"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who are my "guys"? Just because someone rides the same sled as me doesn't affiliate them with me. There are jacktards on every make, it doesn't mean you need to join the club. Do you feel inclined to swing away because someone attacked your precious brand? I actually thought the Viper looks like a cool sled. Relax and have some fun.

By the way, my sled is lighter than yours.

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
The new 800HO saves 6 lbs of weight from the sled, 3.5lbs is from the integrated motor mounts and 2.5lbs is from the new light weight crank. That alone would bring the current RMK to 411lbs,with narrowed body work and a lighter bulkhead design it is very possible we could see a sub 400lb MTN sled in the near future. The technology is there to make it happen.

Last edited:
J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Important side note for those looking at additional customization;

For an extremely limited time, if you paypal me 1 easy payment of $99.99, I will allow you to put my name and (theoretical) racing number on your new RMK's. I know Pol has failed to keep up with Cat's amazing snow-check program for 2015, and feel this is an amazing opportunity to get on the same level, while staying with your preferred brand. I don't have a sticker cutter, and don't want to hamper your creativity, so colours, fonts, material, etc, will be entirely up to you! So many possibilities!!! Act quickly, this offer will only be available until I get enough money to go on a huge bender!!

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
Last night's episode of SnowTrax T.V. had a detailed segment on the Axys for those who may be interested.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
If we see the HO motor in a mountain sled next year (which I assume we will) we will also see the Axys chassis in the mountain line. Polaris clearly stated on the Axys chat that the HO motor was designed to fit in the Axys and will not fit in the Pro chassis.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
mananu3y.jpg

I really love this sled. Looks are killer, good shock package (one of my major complaints), updated front/rear bumpers, lowered bars and I like the bag. My problem is that I think it is only available in a 163.

Chain or QDS I would probably put my TKI on it anyway.

Last edited:

Carramrod

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 18, 2011
Kalispell, MT
Messed around with the 20,000 ways to customize and it seems like a hoax. I'm not sure how its customization when its "slaving" color combos together not giving you true freedom of choice

fastmnstealth

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2010
Big Lake, MN
What does the 163 Terrain Domination series get you?

It is $500 more then my LE configured below and my LE has electric start!

Just wondering if I'm missing some other significant difference.

edit: Looks like bumpers is another difference...but $500??

--------

Model S15CH8GS

• 800 PRO RMK® LE 163, SnowCheck Limited Edition $13,099

• SIDE PANEL 0112240 Matte Stealth Black w/Orange $0

• TUNNEL 0112224 Matte Black Painted Tunnel $0

• RAIL Orange Painted Rail $0

• STARTER 0111967 Electric Start $0

• WINDSHIELD 0111817 Low Black Windshield with Handguards $0

• STORAGE 0112155 Burandt Lock & Ride® Flyer Bag $0

• SHOCKS 0112232 Walker Evans Clicker Needle Shocks $0

• Handlebars 0112174 Low-Rise Aluminum ProTaper Handlebar $0
subtotal