• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

POLARIS 2015 Sleds: Photos and Details

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
Funny how the haters crash the party. It doesn't take long to pick out the guys who bleed yellow, green or blue. Why come in here and do it? Does your life suck that bad? Chill out and enjoy or just leave.

Regardless, thanks to Chris and mountainhorse for putting this together. Looking forward to what Doo does as well.

So because you ride polaris, all your guys go on to other brands threads and say "oh should have bought brand x instead, they're x-pounds lighter" means we can't come on to one thread and voice our opinion? Go look at every Yamaha thread about the new viper. Guaranteed a guy on poo or doo said "glad I don't ride Yamaha, you guys should switch over"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
800 Swtichback Assualt 144 (AXYS)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks Chris! With all the hype of the AXYS sleds I assumed they were the ones with the new plastics. From your pics that is not the case. I should have asked for the PRO X pics. At least from the one link above, it looks like the are flatter on the side to prevent paneling out as much as well as a few inches further forward at the footwell / chin area.

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
Buying a for sale sign would be a big waste of money just like buying a PRO WOULD BE.... WHAT A JOKE!!!!!

I hope anyone who was considering dealing with you sees this post and realizes what an unprofessional bunch of a$$es your dealership must be, and that's no joke, that's sorta sad.

shelbwyo

Lifetime Membership
Jun 29, 2010
Sheridan, Wyo
I was sort of hoping for a new track since other companies are rumored to do a 3" from the factory. The customization is a cool new feature, i hope they keep doing that in the future. Also i havent read anything here or the polaris website, but are they still doing a 4 year warranty with snow check?

S

Schaus

Apr 21, 2011
20,000 plus options is AWESOME, I'll take the 800 ho in an rmk......wait, okay how about the LED headlights..... damn, Okay how about a 2014 Skidoo xm. Being the king of the mountains also means your sled not only works well, but holds together. Why not put the h.o in the mountains? It can't be any worse than the time bomb 800!!!! Land guys did a little better, electronic power valves from a 98 Srx, lightweight crankshaft from an 02 viper... Electric oil pump is awesome, as are LED lights and lightweight silencer, great stuff there, but hardly a game changer. Skidoo could leave their lineup exactly the same and still win market share.

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
Pretty simple... SNOWCHECK ANY 2015 RMK, PRO-RMK, or Assault and you will get a $1000 voucher to apply to the purchasef of ANY 2016 or 2017 Polaris Mountain sled... No trade in needed to use the voucher.

They don't want people to be gun shy about ordering a 2015 and worried if they come out with a new changes for 2016 or 2017 you'll still feel satisified in your 2015 purchase.

I am taking this as something big is coming out next year in the MTN segment. The writing is on the wall for it!

Sucks it didn't happen this year but by next yr the new 800HO will have had a year of testing and any bugs worked out, I am guessing the Axys bulkhead and bodywork is the future of the Pro.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
Thanks Chris! With all the hype of the AXYS sleds I assumed they were the ones with the new plastics. From your pics that is not the case. I should have asked for the PRO X pics. At least from the one link above, it looks like the are flatter on the side to prevent paneling out as much as well as a few inches further forward at the footwell / chin area.

I think that Christopher may have that labeled incorrectly. I looked at several pictures and the AXYS plastic is totally different than the Assault he posted.

In one of the videos they stated that the hood and both side panels can come off in less than 30 seconds.

This has good pictures of the panels. http://Polaris switchback-pro-x

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
2016 is going to be a great year for the rmk, 800 ho motor, new body, rolled chain case and bigger track!!,

Powderforlife907

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2011
Why did they go with electronically controlled power valves? That's one thing I always disliked about cats set up( frayed cables, bad servo motor, etc).
More parts to break.... I'd rather have Polaris be conservative on their 60th rather then what happened to cats 50th.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
So a switchback assault has the 800 ho
Slap burandt boards and a rmk skid and track.
Rmk front end.
Tunnel extension
Have an HO powered rmk.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
So a switchback assault has the 800 ho
Slap burandt boards and a rmk skid and track.
Rmk front end.
Tunnel extension
Have an HO powered rmk.

According to the Polaris website NO it does not.

To get the 800 HO you have to get the Switchback PRO X. As a plus it comes with the new plastics and the LED headlight, rider forward positioning (stock).

I see a lot of people converting this sled to a mountain chassis and Polaris doing it stock in '16. The plastics are smoother and sleeker for better deep snow mobility and less paneling out, plus the smoother top hood contours should allow the snow to shed itself easier. The Bulkhead is sleeker and likely lighter. Engine mounts lower, as the straps are part of the lower case half. As we are in Alaska we likely could sell the excess suspensions to the Iron dogger's and narrow the front and stretch the rear very easily. I think I would likely retain the gas tank and seat as it is now a 12 gallon on that sled.

At least that is what I would do from looking into it for 5 hours.

Race

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Trump, AK.
On the Polaris website if you do just click on the "overview" for the Assault Switchback, its implies the 800 Cleanfire® Engine. but If you "build" a 800 Assault 144 Switchback you get the 800 Cleanfire® H.O. Engine.... Confusing

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I went thru the motions of " building " a sba and it said HO
But yeah the rush based would be new plastic.
The bulkhead looks identical to me.

A

arcticmat

Nov 23, 2008
Tea SD
:face-icon-small-hapMay be disappointing but im kinda glad the new engine will already have a year on it before making it into the mountain lineup. That may just determine my sled for 2016. Id like to no the hp numbers they say 35% in throttle response, lightweight crank and new exhaust valve system. I hope it can compete with the etec now in power. And lets hope it got new piston.:face-icon-small-hap
If the poo motor reacts like the cat motor did in 2010 with similar treatment that could be a final nail in the coffin for other OEM's. When cat went with the lighter crank the 800 work the hell up, if this is the case for poo I will be on a pro in 2016--as long as they have a different piston:face-icon-small-hap

motodad383

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2010
Positioned perfectly. With two '14s in the garage, Assault LE and a Pro RMK, I'll be ready to snowcheck another. 2016 RMK Can't wait.

DIE HARD POLARIS I'VE RIDDEN AND OWNED THE OTHERS POLARIS IS MY WAY OUT

Premium Features