• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ship Pipe to Dan Davidoff (Krazy Canadian) But he doesnt Pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
Here is a novel idea. Phone is on his site, call him and ask him to send your money. (250)365-2077

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

jerrydecoy

May 12, 2011
coeurd'Alene, id
Here is a novel idea. Phone is on his site, call him and ask him to send your money. (250)365-2077

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your missing the point.. He shouldn't have to call him! This is not complicated. I'm sure it's possible dan forgot about paying him but highly unlikely he hasn't heard about this thread. The time it took for him to read a txt from someone saying they saw it, the Paypal transaction could have been completed. The fact that this thread had been here a couple days and the money has not been sent is mind boggling!

M
Sep 18, 2009
Puyallup, WA
ok, lets assume that he didnt have a sled video business to pool money from, and he was like the average joe who worked 40hrs a week.

i believe i remember hearing that hes a lineman up in BC (one of his videos he even wears a "telus" hard hat). journeymen linemen make (lets assume) $42/hr. thats roughly $87K a year. doesnt it seem like thats a comfortable enough living to afford $75 out of pocket? comfortable enough to even be a snowmobiler?

still keeping his business out of the equasion, i bet he gets deals from dealers and suppliers for all of his sled parts. how much do you think that saves him a year? i know i dont get deals at cost or just over cost. i pay full price for my mistakes, upgrades and mods.

so, looking at the big picture, who would see the point that (taking the business out of the equasion) $75 seems reasonable out of pocket all things considered?

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
are we not just talking two weeks though that has only passed that the "new" payment terms were agreed upon..??..is that a fact or am I misreading something..

a person could be in camp, who knows...anyway im not making excuses for anyone..im just abit taken aback at the public vs private resolution at such an early stage

Last edited:
M
Sep 18, 2009
Puyallup, WA
i FB messaged dan (how we communicated the whole time) on October 19th, and we agreed to the $75. messaged him again on 11-3-13 - basically telling him my opinion and that there was nothing i could do as he had everything and i have no recourse. at that point you just suck it up. (its not like i can send uncle vinney in his lincolin town car to BC to pay him a visit - lol).

in return, i decided to post this to SW to gather insight, spread the word, and see if anyone else had simialr experiences. additionally, share my experience with others so they might take something like this into consideration when doing business (with anyone).

By posting to SW this whole time i was just looking for opinions on this deal. everyone has given good feedback wich is what i was looking for. I know this is a mute point, and its ruffling feathers, but there is the principal of doing business, making a deal, and following through. for that i expected more, but should have realized the difference as not everyone shares smilar traits.

badapple said it correctly, i dont need the $75. Sure it would be nice...but realizing this situation at hand is why i just dropped it. he had the pipe since June, and i went July, August, September, and October without getting anything in return. no beanie, no calendar, no videos. nadda. who else do you know, would wait 4 months to collect (anything) on good faith.

that being said, here is the last of the correspondence. i've copy/paste for clarity. my last paragraph is what really gives dan the upper hand...but it also shares the fact i'm not just some average joe. i have time invested in him as a rider and his sled films. people can say what they want, but looking back on his videos i really appreciate his riding technique, enthusiasm, and what he brings to the table. by calling, texting, emailing, FB'ing, and PM'ing, over and over again isnt going to change anything. its just going to get deleted and ignored. swat the fly and sooner or later it dissapears. realizing hes in BC and i'm in WA, what can you do? nothing.

so, keep on posting or commenting as i like what people have to say, its good to hear perspectives, ideas, and opinions.

10-19-13:
MikeI'm good. Between selling you the pipe for $100, and getting miss quoted from UPS (telling you one thing then finding out shipping was more - but keeping my original price) i didn't make any money on the deal - i actually lost money. So, it's your choice. I'd prefer some cash over the vids.

<LI id=wm:mid.1382227689004:dfdcb2da1b2247f306 class="webMessengerMessageGroup clearfix">DanOk. So $75. Paypal

<LI id=wm:mid.1382229474077:4125cc0de410310f10 class="webMessengerMessageGroup clearfix">MikeYeah that'll work. Thanks man

11-3-13:
Dan - I'm not one to bug someone, but this deal with you has been les than pleasant. I'm friends with zac, we've ridden together a few times and he have mutual friends as riding partners... and when I seen on his FB that you needed help, I figured i could chip in. I've got a lot of your videos and look up to you as a rider and an innovator. Your enthusiasm when riding is above all. And for that i thought this deal would have gone smoothly. Ill consider this a valuable learning experience, and one to pass on to other industry reps, dealers, and suppliers. Ill consider this issue closed, as there's nothing I can do to make you pay, or compensate me for my efforts. Have a good riding season.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
I made a deal with Dan, I kept my word and shipped him the pipe. At the same time he pay-pal’d me the $140.

Ok, fast forward to this September… I was energetic about the snow show (like we all are), but also energetic about going to Dan’s booth and picking up my gear. Well, come to find out, he bailed on the Puyallup Show and decided to go to the Edmonton Show…So, I figured ok, business decision. No big deal.
I PM’d Dan about what to do next. He “forgot” about our deal and was sorry that he wasn’t at the Puyallup show and wanted to throw me some stuff. I told him I’d rather take the cash value and call it a day.

After discussing again, we agreed on $75, and he would pay-pal me….That was 2 weeks ago.

so I still don't see the panic...^^^...heck he could be in the hospital with a bad case of roids...lol..ok good luck to ya...

M
Sep 18, 2009
Puyallup, WA
Would you like waiting around for two weeks to collect cash...when this whole deal has gone on for months. granted the last agreement was two weeks ago, look at the big picture.

you would think there would be a sense of urgency - when you relalized you darted out on the show, never gave the guy the goods, and he had to remind you...i guess i was asking to much. haha

i know in my iphone there is a calendar feature you can use to remind yourself of important things. i guess i'm in the minority of people who use that feature on my $400 phone.

biggdaddy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2008
M8 magic help him out

Sounds like m8magic has no problem waiting to get paid and has full faith in Dan paying up i think maybe he could paypal you the $75 and he could wait for Dan to show up again and pay his debts. Just a thought.

M

mtsummitx

Nov 26, 2007
Billings, MT
Midwest, I hope you get your money!!! In this do it all 24/7 electronic world we live in, 2 weeks is absolute BS to wait for your $$$$, you shoulda had it next day. I don't care how busy this dude is, or what his name is, he could be admin Christopher for all I care. You are getting hosed, Krazy get this guy his $$$$ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Sounds like m8magic has no problem waiting to get paid and has full faith in Dan paying up i think maybe he could paypal you the $75 and he could wait for Dan to show up again and pay his debts. Just a thought.

ok..i don't know Dan from a hole in the ground...but Midwest pm me your paypal and I will pay it tonight ...I will stand up for a fellow Canadian

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
my paypal page is up on my screen..i will send it as a gift so no recourse,,so just let things get resolved and this forum can get on with what it is intended..

you can donate it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features