• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Kit For Pro?

papafinger1

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2007
minnesota
I love the passion for a new product jake. Keep up the hard work and I am sure as your kits hit the snow they will speak for themselves. It comes down to whether or not people can justify the cost.

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
The difference is timing control .Timing = HP thats the bottom line. Thats the main reason I know for 100% sure that these systems are way faster and also the ecu is super lightning fast which makes it respond alot quicker than even the factory ecu. I understand that alot of guys are on the fence right now but next year there will be alot of kits running around your area and you will have a chance to hop on one for a spin Im sure. There are alot of factors that play into purchasing one of these systems but if you weigh the consequences in the end the standalone comes out on top. I totally agree that the other fueling systems out there serve their own purpose but as we all know technology can put a damper on things.:face-icon-small-hap
Has one been sent to AK yet? I would love to install one on my silber, and assuming it does all you say it does the price tag isn't that bad comparitavly. Just would like to throw a leg over one before I drop the coin on it.

S

sledstew

Nov 2, 2004
Mandan, ND
www.themildtowild.com
Has one been sent to AK yet? I would love to install one on my silber, and assuming it does all you say it does the price tag isn't that bad comparitavly. Just would like to throw a leg over one before I drop the coin on it.

Drop the coin and Ill spend the time to get you rolling, then you can turn around and make it worth your while to do everyone elses sled:face-icon-small-sho

A

Arcteryx

Apr 14, 2008
North Ogden, Utah
yes I have some stuff just getting rolling down there, wont be long and Ill look you up or you are invited to Turbo days in LOLO Montana on April 14th, I welcome you to try and blow my sled up. I bet you dont get that offer eevry day LOL:face-icon-small-sho

Ill make you a deal, you show up at turbo days, we run pound for pound of boost and if yours is faster Ill install a Vipec for free that day :) !!

It takes some ballz to make that offer!! :))) If Pinit is correct then maybe I have a chance, let's run em at 14lbs!!

I appreciate the opportunity Jake. I am scheduled to be on the East coast on the 14th but if I can get back early I will. I really would like to try the Vipec and what would I have to loose with your offer?? I think it says a lot about your kit! If your confident enough that you'd put up one of your kits as proof and do it on a public forum to boot, it must be a sweet deal.

If I can't make it to Lolo my offer for something a little closer to home still stands. So ya, look me up when they are ready and I'll take a drive. I'll bring that BD with me and give the day a 100% honest and fair report here on SW.

I did make it out on Turbo Doc's Aero this year. Too be honest I was pretty impressed with the Aero turbo. I can see the possibilities of combining one with a stand alone. I hope to be able to try your's soon.

Last edited:
S

sledstew

Nov 2, 2004
Mandan, ND
www.themildtowild.com
It takes some ballz to make that offer!! :))) If Pinit is correct then maybe I have a chance, let's run em at 14lbs!!

I appreciate the opportunity Jake. I am scheduled to be on the East coast on the 14th but if I can get back early I will. I really would like to try the Vipec and what would I have to loose with your offer?? I think it says a lot about your kit! If your confident enough that you'd put up one of your kits as proof and do it on a public forum to boot, it must be a sweet deal.

If I can't make it to Lolo my offer for something a little closer to home still stands. So ya, look me up when they are ready and I'll take a drive. I'll bring that BD with me and give the day a 100% honest and fair report here on SW.

I did make it out on Turbo Doc's Aero this year. Too be honest I was pretty impressed with the Aero turbo. I can see the possibilities of combining one with a stand alone. I hope to be able to try your's soon.

Look me up next season in the early part of the year and Ill let you blast on one.

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
Drop the coin and Ill spend the time to get you rolling, then you can turn around and make it worth your while to do everyone elses sled:face-icon-small-sho
Haha I know myself better than to not try the new cool sh** on the market. I'll most likely be taking you up on that one between now and first snow fall next season...

A
Nov 26, 2007
Really the best kit has not been made yet. All of the kits have there issues. The boondocker has alot going for it but is pricey compared to Silber. The hM has everything except for fuel/timing control and a good Higher boosting turbo. The best kit would combine all of them into one. The best kit would have a the Garret turbo (your choice on model but the 1371 makes power) The vipec ecu for fuel/timing control and I am sure it can handle controlling boost if needed like an EBC. The Hm intercooler system and a decent cold air intake ( don't know of one yet). My .02

S

sledstew

Nov 2, 2004
Mandan, ND
www.themildtowild.com
stewsled there in lays the problem (correct me if I'm wrong) you cant run boost for boost because a aero charger turbo wont or shouldn't go over 12 pounds. Another down fall to the aero is the cost to fix when you have problems. I live in white sulphur springs mt and would love to come over and take a look and ride an hm turbo is the 14 of april open to anyone thanks Rodger

RODGER,
Come on over,its open to anyone ,take a blast on the sleds be your own judge. See ya there!!!:face-icon-small-hap

I
Dec 14, 2001
Archer, Idaho
Silber

I am anti-turbo and wear yellow underwear, I have ridden with and against alot of PGT's, and I can tell you proof positive, a properly set up Silber Pro is an EXTREMELY strong running and reliable sled here in the Western Mountains.

Ridden with 5 of the Silber Pro's, and they give my NA Big Bore all I can handle, and more .....................:face-icon-small-coo

Super Dave3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2003
Klamath Falls OR
I have a silber kit that I am very happy with. Going to give the Boost-it system a try though. I like the Vipec, just don't want to carry a laptop around to get it dialed in and the $2k price tag is a bit much for my type of riding. If I wanted every ounce of tuneability for my sled I would be all over it, but after using the Doboeck syle boxes I like being able to tune on the fly, but want to be able to fine tune it more. And so far haven't heard a bad thing on the Boost-it system.

If the Vipec is $2000 as stated, what kind if money is Neils setup going to cost?

S

sledstew

Nov 2, 2004
Mandan, ND
www.themildtowild.com
I am anti-turbo and wear yellow underwear, I have ridden with and against alot of PGT's, and I can tell you proof positive, a properly set up Silber Pro is an EXTREMELY strong running and reliable sled here in the Western Mountains.

Ridden with 5 of the Silber Pro's, and they give my NA Big Bore all I can handle, and more .....................:face-icon-small-coo

SLIM,
I HAVE HAVE TO STAND MY GROUND ON THIS ONE :face-icon-small-dis

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
$1100 big ones

Does that come with everything needed on the boost it kit? $2000 gets you the vipec, but then don't you need another $500-$1000 in stuff to make it work? FPR and something else if I remember correctly. I could be wrong on that but I remember reading it somewhere.

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
I don't think anything depending on the kit. Hm is what they have been working with, if it were a silber or boondocker with secondary injectors you would have to make a new map for that setup, and need a laptop to carry around till its tuned. Not sure if you would need any fpr or anything

Premium Features