• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber Pro running on only 1 cylinder..HELP

stocksucks!!

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2008
fort st john b.c
www.powderking.com
Would the tps cause it to big and load up under crushing or bustin up the bumpy trail.. And switch which box our fuel controllers? We are going to swap out our ignition systems. And see if my buddy sled starts acting up.. I hope that it does. Then I will know what I have to replace in my sled.

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
IMO what is causing this det light to come on around the 6500 rpm mark is a lean spot. I had my sled out yesterday and it ran great. i was at aprox 4000 feet and ran 7 psi to start than ran 9 for a while On straight av. As soon as i tried to lower the yellow blue i tripped the det. i was told by a couple guys to lower it at altitude so i tried it...

green to 1 from 3
yellow 3 from 4
yellow blue to 2.5 from 4

As soon as i changed the yellow modes i hit det! What i started at for settings in the box and left it like that for the day with no det light issue was.

Green 3
yellow4
yellow blue 4
g/b 3.5
red 4
red blue 4.5

My a/f was between 11.9 and 12.2 at wot on a long pull that i repeated several times. I pulled the plugs and they were a nice tan brown, i would not want to go leaner. So the guys that say they run 12.8 or 13 af might be full of sh**. Same guys that say there running 74 gram weights @ 12 psi at the same altitude when im running 79 grams at 8 psi.,:face-icon-small-con.. Get your sled out in a place where you can sit and watch the modes and what throttle position your at and where it goes lean. I know im still learning my sled. Although the bottom end on my pro was clean, top looked like it could pull along side a mcx nytro that runs very well that was there running 16 17 psi. We never raced but watching them run it would be along with it.:face-icon-small-cool

Last edited:

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
I would agree with this, rode quite a bit yesterday at 5500-7200 ft, 8-9 lbs,100%av gas,80 grams.

did hit the det in the midrange on the trail 1 time, and was running 11.3-12 for wot no issues except track rachetting a bit in heavy climbs, will check and set tighter today.

I would not run a motor under boost at leaner that 12.5 -12.7 imho

Still messing with the box and installing a much more accurate boost guage today as I dont put a lot of faith in the included boost guage, new one im going to is a vdo 0-15 psi full 270 deg sweep, much more stable and easy to read small changes. I would reccomend this, its 50 bucks from summit,same size btw.

sled pulls very hard climbing....:face-icon-small-coo

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
would be very important to get the most accurate afr gauge and sensor.....we have tap into pipes our laboratory sensor and reader along with AEM, innovate, NGK AFX and i can tell you aem and innovate were 1.0-1.2 off!!ngk afx was .1-.2 off........when tuning based of afr sensor make sure to buy a accurate sensor .
I would agree with this, rode quite a bit yesterday at 5500-7200 ft, 8-9 lbs,100%av gas,80 grams.

I would not run a motor under boost at leaner that 12.5 -12.7 imho

Still messing with the box and installing a much more accurate boost guage today as I dont put a lot of faith in the included boost guage, new one im going to is a vdo 0-15 psi full 270 deg sweep, much more stable and easy to read small changes. I would reccomend this, its 50 bucks from summit,same size btw.

sled pulls very hard climbing....:face-icon-small-coo

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
Can some one check how many amps are drawn with the oil pump ,lights, hand warmers , af gauge and fuel box. I think with everything running that little box we tie our boost line in from the fuel box is being effected and that may be what is causing stock sucks promb. I had a burble when i started heading down the mountain in the bottom end. I stopped at our lower cabin and it was gone like the fuel system rebooted? And sled ran clean. The box if working right should help with altitude change. first burble i have had but would like to figure it out.The only thing that changed was i turned hand warmers on. Just a thought

Last edited:
E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
Every time you restart the sled it calibrates itself to the atmospheric condition's. That is why the solenoid is there.

Right. But thats why justin put the solenoid there! So you you dont have to stop amd teboot the box .Its a great idea and worked great except the one time. That af gauge may draw alot of amps effecting it along with other things on. On i phone hard to type with big fingers lol

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
IMO what is causing this det light to come on around the 6500 rpm mark is a lean spot. I had my sled out yesterday and it ran great. i was at aprox 4000 feet and ran 7 psi to start than ran 9 for a while On straight av. As soon as i tried to lower the yellow blue i tripped the det. i was told by a couple guys to lower it at altitude so i tried it...

green to 1 from 3
yellow 3 from 4
yellow blue to 2.5 from 4

As soon as i changed the yellow modes i hit det! What i started at for settings in the box and left it like that for the day with no det light issue was.

Green 3
yellow4
yellow blue 4
g/b 3.5
red 4
red blue 4.5

My a/f was between 11.9 and 12.2 at wot on a long pull that i repeated several times. I pulled the plugs and they were a nice tan brown, i would not want to go leaner. So the guys that say they run 12.8 or 13 af might be full of sh**. Same guys that say there running 74 gram weights @ 12 psi at the same altitude when im running 79 grams at 8 psi.,:face-icon-small-con.. Get your sled out in a place where you can sit and watch the modes and what throttle position your at and where it goes lean. I know im still learning my sled. Although the bottom end on my pro was clean, top looked like it could pull along side a mcx nytro that runs very well that was there running 16 17 psi. We never raced but watching them run it would be along with it.:face-icon-small-cool

Thanks for the info. Man I may be a little light on weight then. I put in 77 grams and plan to run 10psi on 50/50 pump/race. I run at 6000+ feet, but also weigh 240 ready to ride which is why I went a bit lighter on clutch weight. What do you guys think?

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
umm if voltage is in fact on the edge i'm wondering if the good ol headlight delete would be a good thing, dropping 2 bulbs from the system?

Along with this perhaps a small battery such as the yuassa #7 from the wr450 dirt bike to stabilize the voltage?

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
umm if voltage is in fact on the edge i'm wondering if the good ol headlight delete would be a good thing, dropping 2 bulbs from the system?

Along with this perhaps a small battery such as the yuassa #7 from the wr450 dirt bike to stabilize the voltage?

If conserving wattage is a concern, I'd install a switch for the headlights. I'd never want to ride a sled with no headlight available for low visibility or night time use.

D

dmj1

Jul 31, 2007
Right. But thats why justin put the solenoid there! So you you dont have to stop amd teboot the box .Its a great idea and worked great except the one time. That af gauge may draw alot of amps effecting it along with other things on. On i phone hard to type with big fingers lol

With all dobeck type boxes you will have to stop and let the box recalibrate for altitude on the way down. You will see green/blue at idle and runs rich when this happens.
When you stop the solenoid is not powered up to close. And the box will see actual altitude pressure. Then when you start up the solenoid closes and box will see any boost pressure. I ride from 3000'-8000' and usually have to do this once on the way back down.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
With all dobeck type boxes you will have to stop and let the box recalibrate for altitude on the way down. You will see green/blue at idle and runs rich when this happens.
When you stop the solenoid is not powered up to close. And the box will see actual altitude pressure. Then when you start up the solenoid closes and box will see any boost pressure. I ride from 3000'-8000' and usually have to do this once on the way back down.

YEP ! same thing happen to me the first ride. Went from 12000 to 8000 at 60MPH ran like chit until I shut it off and restared it .

Might be a good idea any time before you make changes to your settings. I know I will . sure couldnt hurt.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
good info, on the ride the other day we dropped pretty quick from 7300 to 5000 without stopping, started to load up pretty bad, never noticed this as we usually stop a few times to regroup on the trail out...

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Does the BPR9EIX iridium plug not use less energy to fire ? Maybe thats the purpose rather than fouling ,etc.

Premium Features