• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Arctic Cats released - M800 & M1100 Turbo photos

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
C

Comp 670

Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, WA
Of course YOU can ride the sleds well Mini...You are prob in the top 3% when it comes to the best mountain riders anywhere.(guy or girl)...lol...:face-icon-small-coo

How do you think a complete newbie would do on the 800? We are trying to decide between the Polaris Pro and the new Cat 800 for Dana. She has only rode 5 times total in her life and had trouble getting the sled to do what she wanted.She had a 08 M8 with a 156 camo extreme and fought it alot. Will the new Cat be easyier for her to learn on? EVERY woman we have talked to that has rode the Polaris Pro raves about how easy it is to ride and how it takes VERY little rider input to get it to do what you want.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Last edited:

BackCountryBasics

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho
www.backcountrybasics.com
The pro climb series is a step above current products available as to its refined geometry. This refinement includes addressing and the correction of past steering design issues for this type of application and set up. This was required to pull the rider forward design all together.As a result it allows those smaller riders with less extension and upper body strength to enjoy this chassis. The Arctic Cat 800 is a great sled for any level of rider.

Last edited:
M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
The pro climb series is a step above current products available as to it its refined geometry. This refinement includes addressing and the correction of past steering design issues for this type of application and set up. This was required to pull the rider forward design all together.As a result it allows those smaller riders with less extension and upper body strength to enjoy this chassis. The Arctic Cat 800 is a great sled for any level of rider.

What were your ride impressions of the m1100t?

BackCountryBasics

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho
What were your ride impressions of the m1100t?

My conclusion so far is basically the same as the 800. Except my handle bar placement is tilted back from how the 800 handlebar and control placement is. This allows the slightly different design to give correct rider geometry and balance of arm and foot placement. I will be on the 1100 turbo next season as it is my personal choice for my own riding preference and skill. The power delivery is very smooth & very tree rider friendly. It fully has the freightrain characteristics when full throttle is applied. This sled will truly will change how riders receive a 4 stroke for tight technical mountain riding. It can not be compared to what is already avaiable on the market as it is a whole new animal.

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
WOW.... thats gotta be the most interesting statement made since the ProM came out!!!!!
Im very shocked to hear you say the t11 will be your choice in the trees !

BackCountryBasics

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho
The deciding factor was getting off the pro climb chassis w a turbo and onto my M series turbo. Though I am very comfortable on my 09 m1000 turbo the 09 chassis felt primitive beside the pro climb. In comparison the 09 M1 had noticeable increase of chassis drag in the 45 degree downhill/uphill carves to maintain a constant speed decent fluidly.Spacifically, the downhill carves are easier to execute on the pro climb chassis even on the the right side than any other sled I have ridden. The pro climb turbo package fits my comfort and style of riding I have grown to like most and am excited to see where I will grow in confidence and skill with this new design attributes! These are a few points on the bases behind my choice to run this sled next season.

Last edited:

fourthmeal

Administrator
Sep 11, 2008
Idaho
www.snowest.com
M800 engine compartment shot. The production oil filler neck is said to be still in the development stage.

DSC_0526.jpg

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
The deciding factor was getting off the pro climb chassis w a turbo and onto my M series turbo. Though I am very comfortable on my 09 m1000 turbo the 09 chassis felt primitive beside the pro climb. In comparison the 09 M1 had noticeable increase of chassis drag in the 45 degree downhill/uphill carves to maintain a constant speed decent fluidly.Spacifically, the downhill carves are easier to execute on the pro climb chassis even on the the right side than any other sled I have ridden. The pro climb turbo package fits my comfort and style of riding I have grown to like most and am excited to see where I will grow in confidence and skill with this new design attributes! These are a few points on the bases behind my choice to run this sled next season.

Thats some very indepth info... thanks ! When you have time id love to hear more about how this sled handles , everywhere. Im sure with the usual mods is going to fly but the deep snow , well treed riding is a question mark. You seem to have some good impressions on these traits. I think most of us who have riden a turbo apex hope the cat will pull like the yam , but severly hope it handles nothing like it?

fourthmeal

Administrator
Sep 11, 2008
Idaho
www.snowest.com
This is the vertical post steering setup on the M800 Sno Pro and M800 HCR. The telescoping post links to the laid-down steering post that turns the steering arms. On the M1100s and the base M800, the steering just goes straight into that laid-down steering post.

DSC_0528.jpg

Richey

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Utah
It looks like the exhaust exits out of the bottom of the belly pan instead of the shock well like the M's is that correct? Did you notice any deep powder exhaust bogs? Thanks for all the pictures keep them coming.

fourthmeal

Administrator
Sep 11, 2008
Idaho
www.snowest.com
It looks like the exhaust exits out of the bottom of the belly pan instead of the shock well like the M's is that correct? Did you notice any deep powder exhaust bogs? Thanks for all the pictures keep them coming.

That's correct, and no, we didn't come across any bogging issues.

Justified

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2010
I would really like to hear more on this 1100 hcr turbo if you guys get a chance to get more seat time. how does it handle in the steep and deep? Can an average rider make this sled perform well? Does it take time to get use to?
thanks allot for the info, finally a good solid thread to get some INFO on!

H

Hilly

Jul 6, 2001
Esko, Mn
Yes it would be great to hear a bit of the handling/sidehilling ability of the Turbo 1100. Being a guy that just sold his 2007 Sno-Pro M1000 Im a bit torn on which sled to buy a M8 or Turbo. One thing that I did not care for was the heavier nose feel in the M1000. Does the new chasis help with this on the Pro-Climb Turbo?. And thanks so much for all your feedback it is much appreciated!

Premium Features