• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Engine oil drains out the oil sump on Nytro

N

Nikolai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 17, 2002
Eagle River, AK
It's the biggest downfall to the sled and annoying to say the least. Yami has no fix and you cannot put a check valve in it as it needs to be able to breath both ways. I've lost as much as 12 oz. before. About all you can do is make sure you shut it off as soon as it's on it's side.

H
Nov 27, 2007
B.C.
I was wondering what everyone is doing about oil draining out the sump vent evertime your sleds on it's side mine leaks oil everywhere.

been adding a long hose on the mcx aux. tank they use, drill a hole in the bellypan and run the hose down through it... should hopefully puke it out and not all over the engine compartment.

R

robertyoke

Dec 26, 2007
colorado
been adding a long hose on the mcx aux. tank they use, drill a hole in the bellypan and run the hose down through it... should hopefully puke it out and not all over the engine compartment.

fyi I did that couple rides ago and the dam thing keeps iceing up. so now it still goes through the belly pan but just before it does it tees off to a second line that goes up and over to the other side just to let the thing vent. also I did have to roll the sled over to get it unstuck and it still puked oil out of someplace other than the hose, was not that much tho.
-robert

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Maybe some type of overflow reservoir which catches the oil and then lets it drain back into the motor when upright? I have this vision of a empty bottle of stabil, mounted upside down with a hose going into the large compartment on the bottle and the small measuring compartment left uncapped so it can breath.

B
Nov 27, 2007
My wife's Phaser MTX has the same issue (she rolls it a lot), oil everywhere. I was going to run a line under the sled, didn't consider icing though. I'm sure someone will come up with a fix, it's too much fun to lay these sleds over...... and it's real easy to go too far over.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
Nytro

Den C give us a call when you come down from the NORT again. I am going to try a couple of ideas I have, one is a catch container and the other will just absorb the oil.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
3d487322-7e87-4086-939f-736fdfdc5387.jpgYes they can, have seen a pooched secondary because of it, was on another guys sled.

Anyone in Can interested if I can get some crankcase vent catch bottles that dont have a PVC ??

Last edited:
L

Linc

Nov 17, 2002
Pemberton
www.visionms.ca
I just built a oil breather catch can for a super charged Phazer we built, so far it's working,it's designed so you can flip the sled over and not spill any oil.

I'll update later after some more time.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
well iv never had a prob wit a oil leak but might start... so how does that bottle work adrenaline? im intrested in one..:beer;

Its just a catch bottle, The one shown has no PCV, its vented, just have to make sure they have no restrictions. They are fairly inexpensive, less than $100.00. I'm going to try a couple of things in the next couple of weeks, will let you know.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
the bravo has a catch and return system for the oil and gas when sled is overturned...they sure could incorperate that easy

Premium Features