• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

any riding near burley

U
Nov 29, 2007
My grandma lives near burley just going to visit in the next couple weeks and wondering if i could take the sled to go for a ride? Thanx in advance

R

RmkMtnRider

Nov 26, 2007
Boise Idaho
ya there is riding around the ski resort, but idk how they figure the snow they say they have. Last year when we went they said they had 109 inches. We got there and there was maybe 70. The snow was crappy but if there is some powder it might be fun. There is one hill to climb and thats about it.

S
Dec 5, 2007
Boise ID
The other area near there that we rode early last year was diamond field jack. It had more to ride than pomerelle but wasn't "that" great... was pretty early though. If you're in the area, I'd ride it. The ski-doo shop is just off the kimberly exit (garden of eden? truck stop) and they helped us out with directions and map.

good luck

U
Nov 29, 2007
thanx all

Going to be up in mid February for about a week. if anyone is riding and doesnt mind two okay riders on m8s tagging along hit me up.

T
Nov 29, 2007
Wuhan, WA
I rode the Pomerelle ski resort area last week and never want to go back again... Snow coverage was horrible. Rocks and stumps where out in full abundance. Brush was showing as well. Did i mention that my whole right side got taken out?

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Pm'ed you, I live 20 miles south of Burley and can show you where the snow is. The above mentioned locations are awesome if you know where to find the snow. Lucky for us the parking lots aren't always easy to ride from.

some say pomerelle SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

But like Idspud said " If you know where to go "

"the parking lots aren't always easy to ride from."

WE ride up at pom quite often , at least 6 times or more per season .
if you like to ride trails , go to diamond field jacks( south hills )miles and miles of trails to ride there.

If your anti-trail and like to explore\boondock then pom is alot of fun , there is quite a bit of technical stuff .

as for the snow totals
pomerelle average about 500" ,
magic mountain has a average of 250" or so , quite a difference.

PM me I`ll go with ya`ll !
i been ridin for 15+ years .
I was a snowmobile guide for 5 of those years in baker creek drainage .

hope this helps ,

LATER ,
Jeff

Premium Features