• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

my impulse replica kit

S
Nov 26, 2007
spring creek, nv.
http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161445

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163202

Is that why you have been buying up used Impulse parts, why don't you go to pure logic and attitude and setup your own fuel control systems if you are so capable of building your own fuel systems. I also have seen a thread on here somewhere you wanted Impulse install instructions, I cannot find it now, you must have erased. Travis WTF are you talking about, the last couple of weeks these two have been asking for everything from install instructions to used parts to manifold pics, get a clue before acting like a dick, so yes they have been asking something from us.

I guess he,s not as talented as some have made out, sure looking for alot of parts and information,

sledhead162

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2008
http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161445

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163202

Is that why you have been buying up used Impulse parts, why don't you go to pure logic and attitude and setup your own fuel control systems if you are so capable of building your own fuel systems. I also have seen a thread on here somewhere you wanted Impulse install instructions, I cannot find it now, you must have erased. Travis WTF are you talking about, the last couple of weeks these two have been asking for everything from install instructions to used parts to manifold pics, get a clue before acting like a dick, so yes they have been asking something from us.

I have never bought one impulse part besides a fuel reg which is not impulse and a attitude box which is not impulse so where the F$%# are getting your info. I once never said i could set up my own fuel system i said clearly i am poor guy trying to keep up. thats what this forum is about asking ?s theres no rules saying what u can ask its if people wanna answer!!!

sledhead162

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2008
I guess he,s not as talented as some have made out, sure looking for alot of parts and information,
Im not talented can u tig weld can u make something out of nothing fabricating is what everybody is saying. There is so many things i have built that are my own you should see what tools i have used to make this impulse copy kit. Heres something that u have never seen before because they r my own.

l_86f5a62fc7a62c201ba10439a52f6d9a.jpg

AaronBND

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2005
Cascade Mnts, OR.
Don't let a couple guys behind computer screens get to you Tim! Been down that road on a couple other forums and it's not worth getting your blood pressure up over. You do your thing over there and enjoy your project. Can't wait to see it on the mountain.

Aaron

sledhead162

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2008
All you guys on here bashing me and all you can say is i payed this much for my kit and i payed this much for someone to build my sled wow your talented!!!!!!

Last edited:
H

hurleyboarder21

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 12, 2003
Snohomish, WA
Good luck with the kit. There are tons of companies out there that "copy" products. How many turbo systems are out there for the 2 strokes that are dang near identical? Sorry to all the pissed off impulse guys out there.

sledhead162

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2008
Good luck with the kit. There are tons of companies out there that "copy" products. How many turbo systems are out there for the 2 strokes that are dang near identical? Sorry to all the pissed off impulse guys out there.

Thank You, hurleyboarder21 well put.

S
Nov 26, 2007
spring creek, nv.
Im not talented can u tig weld can u make something out of nothing fabricating is what everybody is saying. There is so many things i have built that are my own you should see what tools i have used to make this impulse copy kit. Heres something that u have never seen before because they r my own.

yes I can tig weld, and I have plenty of tools in my shop to biuld what I need as well. welders, lathe, mill, and all associated tools and I do all my own work , biuld my own motors. I just got done biulding a forged 416 in my vette with a supercharger and meth injection, putting 675 hp to the ground with stock cam,heads, and exhaust, I have biuld all my motors in my sleds as well so don,t think you are any better than any body else because you can tig weld and do your own work, its actually quit common in this sport and many others. I have complemented your work and stated I had no problem with you copying any kit for your own use, I just don,t think you should be using somebody else,s name, but now you are starting to be a D.

Last edited by a moderator:

sledhead162

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2008
yes I can tig weld, and I have plenty of tools in my shop to biuld what I need as well. welders, lathe, mill, and all associated tools and I do all my own work , biuld my own motors. I just got done biulding a forged 416 in my vette with a supercharger and meth injection, putting 675 hp to the ground with stock cam,heads, and exhaust, I have biuld all my motors in my sleds as well so don,t think you are any better than any body else because you can tig weld and do your own work, its actually quit common in this sport and many others. I have complemented your work and stated I had no problem with you copying any kit for your own use, I just don,t think you should be using somebody else,s name, but now you are starting to be a D.
If I would of said it was my own kit every body would be bashing on me for copying impulse so I said exactly what it is. Well I'm sorry for being a d to you!!! But some of these other guys have went a little to far. Thanks Sledhead162

Last edited by a moderator:

sledhead162

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2008
Ok I am going to build a complete one off kit of my own no problem at all I copied impulse because it is one of the best kits out there and it works.

W

Washy

Feb 14, 2008
Langdon
Here's my take:

If he would have called it his own kit he would have been Crucified for saying it was his own and not give Impulse credit.

When he called it a Impluse replica he gets Crucified. He cant win.

Call a spade a spade, this is what I would call a Impulse Replica. Because Impulse designed it and he copied it. He "replicated" to the best of his knowledge the impulse kit. He was very clear it was not Pauls stuff. No one flames anyone when they build a Replica COBRA kit car.

As long as he is not selling it on a commercial basis to make money

COPY AWAY

Last edited:
E

evan3000

Dec 8, 2007
Red Deer Ab.
sledhead162, you guy's should have thrown this up a month from now and probable nobody would have cared, everybody's just a little cranky and needs to ride in a few feet of fresh to make things better!!!!! :beer;

P

powderlites

Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous, BC Canada
www.powderlites.com
Knockoff Turbo kit

Well I see some of my products forsale from the last kit built by Tim.
I always help a guy out but when I look back at it now should have left him on his own.
Teaching a guy how to turbo a sled over the phone with many hours and it was a copy of my own kit last year.
Don't get me wrong, But why would you pay for someone to play with your sled and not really know what you are going to get?
Did the PowderLites copy turbo ever really run good?
Glad I am not spending hours on the phone every other day with this one.
Truth may hurt but I am pretty straight shooting and very tired of helping guys out that take credit for my hard work.
I supply parts to Jennetty, One stop Jim, Hurricane, and a few others but they are professionals and not trying to make themselves big by being a Turbo expert to there buddies.
My side of this copycat turbo game is beening watched for years.
I wish you would spend your money on a real kit with some backing and not at turbo builders expense! But hey I fell off the potato truck yesterday! Oh yes it will smoke everybody elses turbo kit I am sure!!LOL
www.powderlites.com

N
Feb 6, 2008
I always help a guy out but when I look back at it now should have left him on his own.
Teaching a guy how to turbo a sled over the phone with many hours and it was a copy of my own kit last year.
Don't get me wrong, But why would you pay for someone to play with your sled and not really know what you are going to get?
Truth may hurt but I am pretty straight shooting and very tired of helping guys out that take credit for my hard work.
I supply parts to Jennetty, One stop Jim, Hurricane, and a few others but they are professionals and not trying to make themselves big by being a Turbo expert to there buddies.
I wish you would spend your money on a real kit with some backing and not at turbo builders expense! But hey I fell off the potato truck yesterday! Oh yes it will smoke everybody elses turbo kit I am sure!!LOL
www.powderlites.com

Dave,

Either my computer is messed up, or your website www.powderlites.com is down. Can't get on there since a few days now bro, just a heads up !

Another Dave :D

sledhead162

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2008
www.powderlites.com
Dave I have not once ever taken credit for your hard work. I have told everybody what kind of guy well I thought you were and thanked you many many times. I dont try to make my self look bigger to my buddies if u knew me you would say diff. for sure. Im not a turbo expert I never claimed to be one you only learn by asking ? no ? is a stupid one right? That was my first turbo I ever built for a sled and yes you and darrens help was outstanding to me. The kit worked flawlessly 1400 mile zero issues and ran very hard. Because I copied you why wouldnt it work. But now when everybody sees my sled in a months or so. They will have no room to say its a copy.There may be somethings that are similar like in most kits.You didn't have to help me one bit when I called you. But you did sorry so next time tell me no its not to hard to hear. I am smart enough to figure this all out on my own. But why not copy someone elses that works very well. I dont have the money to spend on a real kit when I can build it for half the price. Do u think people just have money coming out there ears? Who was the first kit to use a 2860? well every body took that guys idea. Thanks sledhead162

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Dave I have not once ever taken credit for your hard work. I have told everybody what kind of guy well I thought you were and thanked you many many times. I dont try to make my self look bigger to my buddies if u knew me you would say diff. for sure. Im not a turbo expert I never claimed to be one you only learn by asking ? no ? is a stupid one right? That was my first turbo I ever built for a sled and yes you and darrens help was outstanding to me. The kit worked flawlessly 1400 mile zero issues and ran very hard. Because I copied you why wouldnt it work. But now when everybody sees my sled in a months or so. They will have no room to say its a copy.There may be somethings that are similar like in most kits.You didn't have to help me one bit when I called you. But you did sorry so next time tell me no its not to hard to hear. I am smart enough to figure this all out on my own. But why not copy someone elses that works very well. I dont have the money to spend on a real kit when I can build it for half the price. Do u think people just have money coming out there ears? Who was the first kit to use a 2860? well every body took that guys idea. Thanks sledhead162

Tim, looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I'm sure it will be good!

Premium Features