• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need riding buddies Southcentral AK

H
Dec 3, 2007
Washington
Moving back down to the Anchorage area, and looking at folks to ride with? Rode Hatcher's once with BottomFeeder, so I don't know the area at all! I have a 2004 Summit 800.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage Alaska
When are you moving here? Show up to some of the movie premiers, there is always handfuls that attend. Plus there is always a group discussion as the time gets closer on where to go ride for the weekend or for those lucky bastards that get to ride during the week too ;)
Just chime in then and tag along.

B
Feb 12, 2006
Eagle River
There will be a few 4M rides throughout the season as well. You won't have any problems getting guys/gals to ride with in this area. Maybe share a bit more about yourself as far as type/style of riding you enjoy most and the days you are available.

We did a Ladies Ride last year and met a lot of awesome female riders ~ did a "meet and greet" at Garcias beforehand... was a really good time. It would be good to get together with potential riding buddies before the season gets underway imo

H
Dec 11, 2007
Valley Boy
It would be nice to know what kind of experience you have so you dont get in over your head too soon. Like the above post stated, a little more about yourself would be helpful.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
definately post up on your experience and abilities..if you dont mind riding with us old guys we normally have a pretty good group that gets around....

H
Dec 3, 2007
Washington
I started riding in 2005 in the backcountry of Alaska, mostly Summit area. Moved down to Idaho and loved the backcountry there. I am now living in Chugiak, just waiting for the snow to fall. So, I have roughly 4 years backcountry riding with all the related gear. I have a 2004 Summit 800 with a 144" track. Love to boondock and play in the powder, love to climb as well. I don't mind riding with the older guys either. Jason

H
Dec 11, 2007
Valley Boy
Sounds good, when the snow flys .... lets hook up, especially if you are free during the weekdays ... goes for anyone actually, I usually ride during the week to avoid the weekend, if any of you are free and ride during the week, look me up as I usually have a posse organized.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
So if we're over 30,,,, we can't even get a job pulling the refreshment sled and bringing up the rear? Tough Crowd!

screw the refreshments..lets go to eureka and I'll pull the fuel...I bet the young ones will be all over following the old guys then...............:D

B
Nov 26, 2007
Jason IF you Ride Placer Or Area 51 Ill Show you it. Alot of People will agree with me. When the Placer//Glaicer area Has snow. ITS SICK! Hills,Boondocking,Trail, What ever Riding People want. Its safe. and Generally there is alot of ppl around so if some chit was to happen. you could get help fairly quickly. Its also alot safer then Turney. I like that Place alot But last time i went there early last year Me "Race and "Dasha" watched a Huge Slab cut loose. So i Might go there later this year. Hatchers is fun also. But. If we go there. Im Driving lol.

A

AKboondocker

Feb 4, 2006
Wasilla, Alaska
Im down to ride with you anytime Crazy

Maybe youll do a better job tying down your sled this time too Robert haha.

BTW, riding with Vince at any skill level may get you in over your head regardless lol. Cant wait to ride with you this year bro.

Last edited:
Premium Features