• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

600 HP Powerstroke 6.4L

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
Its funny to me this thread keeps popping up. Seems like everyone wants to point out the flaws of all the trucks or this and that rather than see what good comes from progression in the industry. Granted other company's are struggling they will still continnue to build and hopefully build a bigger better engine than this one, im all about competition as the customer is always the one that benefits. But for now, with simple mods ill stick with the 6.4, lol, bash on sucka's.

P.S. Some of you guys have no idea what your talking about with cab off, warranty and so on. It reminds me of an ol' saying, "its better to keep your mouth shut and hide your ignorance than to speak and remove all doubt."

Last edited:

jthussey

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Minot, ND Big Sky, MT
Very well put! We do need the 3 major car companies to stay a float. If not there will be no need for a better truck(no competition). They all have there up and down years. Just like women. :D

2dabar

Nov 26, 2007
Klamath Falls, OR
For the water heads on hear it takes about 45 minutes to pull the cab and for the nonbelievers a spartan tuned ford will run with any of your trucks. I have 2000 tuned miles on mine and love it way more then my 2 modded dodges i had.

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
For the water heads on hear it takes about 45 minutes to pull the cab and for the nonbelievers a spartan tuned ford will run with any of your trucks. I have 2000 tuned miles on mine and love it way more then my 2 modded dodges i had.

Hey what happened to your tailgate?

S
Jul 7, 2002
Central iowa

two modded dodges...little more detail. most guys say intake,exhaust and a programmer is modded...modded to me on a common rail is twin cp3s, twins, 120 sticks, stacked boxes, etc. in other words 700-800 hp.

T

Tec

Mar 31, 2008
Fraser, CO
I never said the 6.4 was slow or a pos! Of course it will run with a cummins or a dmax and make 800HP if you got the $$$$ to burn. Pulling the cab to change injectors or turbos is gay!

What are you 6.4L seeing for Fuel mileage with a DPF delete???

J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut
I never said the 6.4 was slow or a pos! Of course it will run with a cummins or a dmax and make 800HP if you got the $$$$ to burn. Pulling the cab to change injectors or turbos is gay!

What are you 6.4L seeing for Fuel mileage with a DPF delete???

15ish average. 9 pulling 17k. 16-17 75-80 on the freeway.

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.

2000 miles huh...

WOW! Is that some kinda ford record?

R

robertyoke

Dec 26, 2007
colorado
building009-1.jpg

forklift is 22.5k trailer is 5k......took it like a champ:beer;

ouch dude you need a gooseneck! that thing will get ugly in a hurry over a bad road or quick maneuver

fork lift.jpg

S
Jul 7, 2002
Central iowa
won't run with mine. thats for sure. give it some time for them to upgrade the fuel sytem and turbos and these 6.4s will break a 1000 hp ( some may have). personally I would want to build off a cast iron block if I were wanting to build a high hp truck. Hard to beat the sheer durability of a cummins.and not to mention who would want a huei system 6.0,7.3? glad ford atleast did common rail on the 6.4, its just too bad they did'nt use bosch. could have had alot more potential for cheaper

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
Won't run with my truck.

Probably not but lets hear a list of your mods. His is a box. exhaust and intake. I'm sure there's way more powerful trucks out there but for the money that horsepower is impressive. How about all you diesel experts break down what needs to be done to get a Dodge or GM to near 600hp???? It may be easier than I thought but I haven't seen it.

T

Tec

Mar 31, 2008
Fraser, CO
Probably not but lets hear a list of your mods. His is a box. exhaust and intake. I'm sure there's way more powerful trucks out there but for the money that horsepower is impressive. How about all you diesel experts break down what needs to be done to get a Dodge or GM to near 600hp???? It may be easier than I thought but I haven't seen it.

You've gotta have a big check book, Twins, injectors, second CP3, Lift pump, tranny or twin disk clutch, etc. (VP or common rail dodge)

Also if 600hp is easy how are your stock drive trains holding up? These 6.4's seem to be taking it well.

My local diesel shop has a 700Hp 99 Cummins, the only thing that's broken is the transfer case, with repeated 4x4 boosted launches at the track. Head gaskets where also an issue before having the head ringed. They also have a new 6.7L that makes 550Hp and 1,050 fp (stock turbo), he has also blown up a G56 6 speed Manuel trans with 3 gear boosted launches on the street.

Last edited:
S
Jul 7, 2002
Central iowa
well if its not approved by powerjoked 162 it can't be real...

"How about all you diesel experts break down what needs to be done to get a Dodge or GM to near 600hp???? It may be easier than I thought but I haven't seen it. "

more like what needs to be done to the trannys to survive that kinda power. which is what I am not buying.

S
Jul 7, 2002
Central iowa
You've gotta have a big check book, Twins, injectors, second CP3, Lift pump, tranny or twin disk clutch, etc. (VP or common rail dodge)

My local diesel shop has a 700Hp 99 Cummins, the only thing that's broken is the transfer case, with repeated 4x4 boosted launches at the track. Head gaskets where also an issue before having the head ringed. They also have a new 6.7L that makes 550Hp and 1,050 fp (stock turbo), he has also blown up a G56 6 speed Manuel trans with 3 gear boosted launches on the street.

you can make 600 hp with a single turbo, single cp3, been done plenty of times....and btw that 99 dodge has to have a built tranny....

J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut
well if its not approved by powerjoked 162 it can't be real...

"How about all you diesel experts break down what needs to be done to get a Dodge or GM to near 600hp???? It may be easier than I thought but I haven't seen it. "

more like what needs to be done to the trannys to survive that kinda power. which is what I am not buying.

Not a thing to the Ford's. Instead of acting like a two year old and calling people names, why dont you list the mods? To get the Ford there, as was already posted, you need a tuner, intake, and dpf delete.... Now your turn....

R
Jan 14, 2009
Chelan
Well I have to jump in some time! I have a older 97 P-Pump cummins here is a small list of what it took to get to 515 RWHP I Know its not 600 but I got sick of spending money!
1.#10 fuel plate 2. 120hp DDP injectors 3. Gov Spring Kit 4. ARP head studs 5. Larger Turbo 6. New boost elbows 7. Intake/Exaust 8.Larger delivery valves 9. South Bend 13" Clutch 10. Flex-a-Lite Electric fan 11. Ported head 12. Ats 3 peice manifold
The truck runs great all day. I do wish I had the option of diffrent power levels from the front seat of the truck but what do you expect it's a 12 year old truck!

Premium Features