• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CRANK'N my 06 900

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Eric, isn't that what college is for, DRINKING? Was a learning experience though.

Excellent read up again, thanks Dan.

S

sodfarmer

Dec 5, 2007
Is the Wal-mart Super tech oil the outboard oil? It had TW- 3 on it, but I didn't pay attention to the pour point, but I know it said it could also be run in snowmobiles. I saw it tonight for ~$10 per gallon and that is $5 cheaper than the polaris blue I have been buying to refill my own jug.

Thanks for your replies.

M

motoracer5

Nov 2, 2008
I was hoping Indydan or someone would share their opinion of semi synthetic oil. I just put a new motor in my KingCat and sadly I have already done 2 heat cycles on torco semi-synth. Im gonna drain it out and run something else anyways(I have had lots of connecting rod bearing problems) and it sounds as though synthetic may be contributing to this. I have also noticed the corrosion/rust in my dirt bikes, my YZ125 has alway got synthetic, when I tore it down(for con rod, of course) it had light rust all over the crank/con rod. My KX250 that gets whatever is laying around, and is stored the same as my 125 has had no rust on the crank..... I do prefer how my bikes run on synthetic, and I dont care much about rebuilding them. The 900 is another story though. Thanks for any opinions!

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
I was hoping Indydan or someone would share their opinion of semi synthetic oil. I just put a new motor in my KingCat and sadly I have already done 2 heat cycles on torco semi-synth. Im gonna drain it out and run something else anyways(I have had lots of connecting rod bearing problems) and it sounds as though synthetic may be contributing to this. I have also noticed the corrosion/rust in my dirt bikes, my YZ125 has alway got synthetic, when I tore it down(for con rod, of course) it had light rust all over the crank/con rod. My KX250 that gets whatever is laying around, and is stored the same as my 125 has had no rust on the crank..... I do prefer how my bikes run on synthetic, and I dont care much about rebuilding them. The 900 is another story though. Thanks for any opinions!

Buddy........You answered all your own questions in your post.

Run what your wallet tells you to run..............Not what your dealers & oil salesman tell you to run.

** Note ** To all, Most oil salesman no less about oil then anyone. what they do know........ is what the paper works says in the dealer kit they got with their first big order.

Amsoil patented this tactic. as I said and will continue to say.

Run what your wallet tells you to run.

don't get me wrong......There is a time a place for synthetics

NUMBER ONE - COLD COLD COLD COLD WEATHER!!!! cold starts in diesels
there is NOTHING better then a good synthetic. if you don't start it in the old run the cheap stuff.

as for the sled motors.........Run the cheap stuff.

Castrol T2
injex - the cheap stuff.
there are many more forsale
fleetfarm, tractor supply, walmart the list goes on and on.

save your oil money for the fuel tank - Good gas is whats hard to find.

a blend is better then straight syn, but I prefer straight mineral oil.

TCW3/Jasco rated.

the exhaust valves will be just fine.

Last edited:
L
Dec 24, 2007
Bay City, Michigan
Buddy........You answered all your own questions in your post.

Run what your wallet tells you to run..............Not what your dealers & oil salesman tell you to run.

** Note ** To all, Most oil salesman no less about oil then anyone. what they do know........ is what the paper works says in the dealer kit they got with their first big order.

Amsoil patented this tactic. as I said and will continue to say.

Run what your wallet tells you to run.

don't get me wrong......There is a time a place for synthetics

NUMBER ONE - COLD COLD COLD COLD WEATHER!!!! cold starts in diesels
there is NOTHING better then a good synthetic. if you don't start it in the old run the cheap stuff.

as for the sled motors.........Run the cheap stuff.

Castrol T2
injex - the cheap stuff.
there are many more forsale
fleetfarm, tractor supply, walmart the list goes on and on.

save your oil money for the fuel tank - Good gas is whats hard to find.

a blend is better then straight syn, but I prefer straight mineral oil.

TCW3/Jasco rated.

the exhaust valves will be just fine.

Dan, what do you think of Legend zx-2r oil?

R
Apr 9, 2008
Utah
Dan,

Not to beat a dead horse.

What I'm getting from this thread concerning the oil is this:

Switch to a good petroleum based oil AND add 1 pint of the same oil to each tank of GOOD gas. Then keep your exhaust valves clean.

Does this cover it?

Thanks.

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
Fuel & Oil

Dan,

Not to beat a dead horse.

What I'm getting from this thread concerning the oil is this:

Switch to a good petroleum based oil AND add 1 pint of the same oil to each tank of GOOD gas. Then keep your exhaust valves clean.

Does this cover it? YES IN MY OPINION>

Thanks.

More sled motors have been ruined by bad gas, then will ever be ruined by any oil.

Last edited:
K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
Dan i think whoever designs the engines for polaris should come to your shop and learn a thing or two i was just looking at your 900 bottom end what a difference. I bought a 05 rmk 900 and mostly hear nothing but negative comments i am glad to see if something should happen to mine i know who to turn too, i checked the crank runout 300 miles and it was well within specs i had the clutch balanced,slp torque arm and push arm, vented the clutch side, but my hat is off to you for what you've done to that bottom end. good job! I will probably change oil to castrol thx.

B
Jan 3, 2004
How much are you guys paying for that castrol oil? And where are you finding it at?

Good luck finding it. I called Castrol to find a place in Ohio that sells it, and they gave me their distributors number (KK motorcycle Supply), and they don't carry it:confused:
Can you buy it online?

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
anyone find out where the heck to get the castrol T2 at..

i have looked at every auto parts store, retail store and dealers..??

Best thread on here..alot of great info..Dan, thanks for the time you put into this thread, with your schedual and the amount of time dedicated to helping us, is really appreciated..thank you!!

Premium Features