• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

what a mouse told me, M8 hcr turbo from the factory

FreeAgent

Lifetime Membership
May 28, 2008
here is what I have been told Boondockers and arctic cat are getting into bed together to build a factory m8 pump gas turbo. as far as my sorce knew it would have warranty but they were still working on that. my sorce even had a name for it he called it the back counrty m8. this information is not the gospil but most of the info I get from him is usually pretty good. What are the rest of you hearing. Oh and the price he told me was more than 15k. This would be cool. Rodger

Was just contacted from Boondocker on this Personally it IS a M8 with a pump gas turbo with all the clutching, EGT gadges, fox evol R's 2's ,Vhok Steering enhancements,Head light block off panel,Race Windscreen, Hotdogger,RTR Graphics package,Tunnel Grippers and a lead dog light. Retail price is 7900.00 plus the price of the sled so it just depends on what your dealer sells the sled for. Ol Boondocker is trying to get dealers to sign up now for a Pilot program and have us send them our 09 Demo's to turbo. This is a factory deal and Cat and Boondocker have gottten into bed together they are also working with chris burandt on this. So all i gotta say is hmmm why can't i get a answer on WARRANTY! They will tell everything else but i got nothin for ya on the warranty issue. Honestly my opinion is just put a OVS turbo on it and do it right the first time!

Michelle

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Gotta be honest, I wouldn't trust most dealers with a turbo sled if it was warrantied. Hell most dealers can't figure out how to install a adjustable riser post without taking you to the cleaners, IMAGINE if they had to deal with a turbo!!!!

Obviously there are a few that could handle it, but they are few & far.

D

Daniel Boondocker

Dec 1, 2007
Idaho Falls
Have to admit you would save money overall vs buying the sled and then buying some of those similar parts again that you already paid for once, but want to upgrade. I really like the idea. I'm sure they'll get the warranty info eventually once they get farther along. For now I hear you say they are asking you to bet on it for this years demo kit.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
if it does happen and its cheaper than buying the sled and the turbo seperate i may be interested.

J-Dog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2007
Idaho Falls Id
I was told there would be no warranty and the price would be $18000.00 That is alot of money for no warranty . Then you still have to do all the extra upkeep on a turbo sled . Call CPC and ask them about that .

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
if it does happen and its cheaper than buying the sled and the turbo seperate i may be interested.

Thats what i was thinking. If i could buy it as a package deal that would be cool. But i will wait and see if it is true. Probably not!

Slednoggin23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2007
Wyoming
09 M8 Backcountry RTR

I too have been told this sled will happen. It will be a snowcheck only and will be sent from Cat straight to Boondocker then to the respected dealer. Set up to Chris Burants specs. It will have everything freeagent said plus 2cool vents. It will retail for over 17K. Wow a stock sled with a Hotdogger let alone a turbo.

C
Nov 27, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
Thats a joke!! I am into my '09 M1000 with a Twisted Turbo Pump Gas setup for under $15,000. And I can tell you right now, the M8 on pump gas will not even be close. So, save yourself $2000, run pump gas and run circles around the factory turbo!!

C
Dec 3, 2007
I heard that it would be coming with a GE J-85 with full after burner. The track is optional but the skis are required as they double as lift enhancement devices...Can you say hill climb!? :beer;:D:beer;

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Thats a joke!! I am into my '09 M1000 with a Twisted Turbo Pump Gas setup for under $15,000. And I can tell you right now, the M8 on pump gas will not even be close. So, save yourself $2000, run pump gas and run circles around the factory turbo!!

how were you able to get an 09 M1000 and a turbo kit for under 15K? Those numbers certainly don't add up for the average consumer.

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
That was without sales tax and installed it myself, that was worth $2000. Also, didnt pay retail for the sled.

Like I said the numbers don't add up for the average guy. My guess with a standard 09 M10 and a pump gas turbo with everything you need to ride- gauges, clutching etc. would hit 15k at dealer cost easy. (not including install)

Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
So....will this factory turbo M8 being sold from a CAT dealer be considered a "race sled" or will I be able to drive it down the trail and meet up with Mr. DNR man and say "stock exhaust"!! "Thanks for checking"!! Bye!

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
i have been riding the prototype for two months now...great sled...no lag...goes crazy...very reliable...its to costly to frieght back to the factory so i have it and london bridge for sale...serious inquires only

Premium Features