• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo build pics

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
Whats everyone got going on in their garages? We have been finally getting under way on a few projects over at the shop, an IQr 800 swap and of course my own build. I'll be updating this thread with pics as we make more progress.
We should have the turbo mounted and the support brackets fabbed up by mid- next week. thanks drew and the other buddies that have been over at the shop helpin and stuporvising.
IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

B
Feb 12, 2006
Eagle River
I was just going to clean mine up and call it good... but that turned into following Jesse's advice and getting the pipe and Y pipe ceramic coated (thanks Mark!!!) upgrading to Air 2.0 shocks, hacking off my sway bar, putting on a Timbersled pod air intake, porting the track, changing headlights, and getting rid of every bit of yellow and blue on the sled (which I have wanted to do since I bought it - but never got around to), but I'm keeping the EASY button ;)

Baby is getting a make over :) :)

SmallP9260052.jpg

SmallP9260067.jpg

Last edited:
C
Nov 26, 2007
dankorage
IQRider you make me sicc!! in a good way! should be a gnarly sled.
Blondz let me know how that intake treats you, i plan on switching to one later in life.

N
Dec 8, 2007
East Side A-Town
I was just going to clean mine up and call it good... but that turned into getting the pipe and Y pipe ceramic coated (thanks Mark!!!) upgrading to Air 2.0 shocks, hacking off my sway bar, putting on a Timbersled pod air intake, porting my track, changing headlights, and getting rid of every bit of yellow and blue on the sled, but I'm keeping the EASY button ;)
Baby is getting a make over :) :)

SmallP9260052.jpg

SmallP9260067.jpg

nice.....

why did you hack it? You can pull it all the way thru

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
post up some pics of that sled you got too allen! and im lovin your sig haha we are reppin the cobras for snowest..700+hp muhaha killen em. you see more of those imports on AKMS trying to call out the cobras? funny guys! lets keep the build pics comin guys, and post up some final pics too jen! and thanks for the compliments guys any of you are welcome to stop by and check it out sometime.

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
LOL, so your the one supervising right chad, haha. Its gonna be sick cant wait.

N
Dec 8, 2007
East Side A-Town
Gotta rep somehow....im on the fence with sellin it right now, but I will probably keep it.

Here is some pics......geared down, RSI bar setup, "Turbo Al's the thing" can, new Camoplast Challenger 2" lugs..all shocks revalved to 440 spec, bigger springs. Brace kit and team secondary are comin up next with alot more to follow.

siderev-1.jpg

track-1.jpg

Last edited:
N

Nikolai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 17, 2002
Eagle River, AK
I'll come into town later and supervise the beer. These pics are from last week...just finishing up all the riveting tonight. I bought almost 500 rivets and will probably end up using half of them, lol. Good thing they are cheap. I think my frickin tunnel gained an honest 10 lbs too as if my Nytro wasn't heavy enough in the first place. I hope evryone I ride with has a strong back this season haha

100_3998.jpg

holesflared.jpg

Last edited:
A

AKboondocker

Feb 4, 2006
Wasilla, Alaska
Maybe I should incorporate two tow hooks into my back bumper before I visit the powdercoater :D

Wouldnt it be better to just incorporate two two hooks to the FRONT of Chads sled? Ya know hes got to ride without you sometime right? muahaha. the brokedown KING!!! Nah, jk Chad, sled looks good man!!

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
Wouldnt it be better to just incorporate two two hooks to the FRONT of Chads sled? Ya know hes got to ride without you sometime right? muahaha. the brokedown KING!!! Nah, jk Chad, sled looks good man!!

Hahaha Ziiiiiing got me there, lol. I'll make sure to put something you can read on my snowflap since that's the only thing you'll be seeing this year stewart :)

And catillak I'm on the stock blower with mods and allen is on a kb 2.4 I believe with an assload more mods. I think his car runs a mid to high 10 on street tires. It's some serious ****

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
nice mods guys..mines way more simple, holz skid, floats all around(done by holz and carls), 09 frt plastic and bumper, some vf-3 reeds and a few little things..sorry no pics..havent even started on it yet.......

N
Dec 8, 2007
East Side A-Town
what kinda blowers you guys running on your cobras? exhaust? im more interested in those than the sleds lol. feel free to post pics of those too :)

I run a KB 2.8 @ varying amounts of boost, too many mods to really list. You dont think its alot until you go and list them all.

Montgomery11-11-06017.jpg

DSC00494.jpg

DSC00779.jpg

DSC00497.jpg

Its made as much as 720whp/800 tq on the stock motor before with the KB 2.4 and a small 75 shot of the sauce.

Been down in the low 10's @ 134 on slicks, and 10.80's@134 on street tires, this was with no nitrous. Never got the car to hook good enough to get a clean pass. 6spd and IRS suspension is fun to play with. Its still a streetcar with all the amneties, AC, Leather etc......

I just moved back up after a 4 year hiatus.....car is on the way back up being shipped. Motor comes back out as soon as she gets home. New combo should make 700whp without any nitrous. Well into the 800's with.

Last edited:
C
Nov 26, 2007
dankorage
I was wondering why i never saw that Cobra around Muldoon area, i never miss a stang and i thought i would have remembered seeing a 10sec street car with plates that say nojoke lol. good looking car, the sonic blue is sic also. Not too many cars for that price thatll dip into 10s on street tires. 2 thumbs up on both you and IQs rustangs!

Premium Features