• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Avy training classes in NW-Northern MT?

T

T-Bone

Nov 11, 2005
Shelby, MT
Any avalanche training classes in NW-Northern MT?

Just wondering if anyone knows of any avalanche training classes coming up. I really want to get into a class as a refresher for me and some first time training for my wife and brother in law.

R

rockin rmk

Oct 27, 2002
Great Falls MT
Just wondering if anyone knows of any avalanche training classes coming up. I really want to get into a class as a refresher for me and some first time training for my wife and brother in law.

The Great Falls Club is having one Dec 13 at FWP office 10am-3pm

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
Another thought is that Bruce Tremper, Director of the Avalanche Center in Utah is going to be speaking at a fundraiser for Glacier Country Avalanche Center in Kalispell on December 1, 7 pm at the KM Building in Kalispell. It's the first time we've had someone of this magnitude here. He wrote Staying Alive in Avalanche Terrain , as well as being interviewed on tv and in many of the Avy vid's that are out there.

Extremely knowledgeable guy, and very well respected by his peers. I'm looking forward to meeting him, and listening to his presentation. :)

Premium Features