• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

suspension!!!!

Dec 4, 2007
pa
well here it is, i tried all kinds of hawks and this rules hands down!
each year the suspension got better on the hawks here is what i found out by riding all year, i will rate the hawks from a 1-10 below
03 503 5 ----- not bad handles the trail good and bums too
im sure the light weight has something to do with it.
04 600ho 3 ---- too stiff all around
05-06 600ho 4 ----- softened up a bit but a lil stiff on small bumps
08 800ho 6 ----- kinda soft rides very well in the bumps but
transfers too much weight to the rear when
under full power
05 600ho w/zx2 10 ---- it is the best i ever felt on the snow, reasons
when you hit the bumps it takes the hit in 2
stages and is very comfortable to ride over the
bumps. when under power it only transfers very
little weight so u get great traction, also
when u hit jumps , when it lands both stages
suck it up and dont even come close to
bottoming out, i never had it all in a suspension!

so to wrap it up , i have heard this suspension it good, but untill i try something i will not praise it,i have a full day under my belt on this, and i dont want to get back on the 800. there are so many adjustments for the zx2
you can change the angle of attack on your slide rails and you can change the spring tension very easy. it will cost around 1500 bucks, but when you sell your old one to someone, and feel the diff. you will be amazed in this upgrade.
i am not here to sell this suspension, but if you want i can get it for you, or you can try to get it on your own, either way its a good upgrade!!

RIDE ON!

IMG_2980.jpg IMG_2981.jpg IMG_2982.jpg IMG_2983.jpg IMG_2984.jpg IMG_2985.jpg IMG_2986.jpg

S
Is it bolt on?

AD Boivin's page only mentions the sled kits. Did you have to modify. Tell us the truth now. Is it actually soft initial travel, then firm up? Have you ridden it real fast?

Dec 4, 2007
pa
yes yes yes

AD Boivin's page only mentions the sled kits. Did you have to modify. Tell us the truth now. Is it actually soft initial travel, then firm up? Have you ridden it real fast?

if you want one look here! www.877snowhawk.com
email me your order and i can get you this kit ready to bolt on!
yes its soft at 1st the gets hard on big impacts i rode it pinned over 3ft bumps! amazing!

mnsnowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2007
Dayton, Minnesota
I am very interested. Please give us as much info as possible. I would assume that they will work on the 04 600's. You really got me thinking.

S
Specs?

As you might of noticed, I'm a numbers guy:beer; Whats the spring(s) rates? Is it modded in width from a specific snowmobile version of the zx2? All track sizes availble? I was going to try some progessive rate springs on mine, craqpshoot at best; if this is a PROVEN solution for good hard trail whoops AND deep pow in the same day, I'm really interested. I can email you at your web page if you like, thinking it would be nice if was posted here.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Northern Utah
Looks massive.

Is that Plastic injection molded rails?

Is there only one shock?

Did AD B. do their homework on this geometry? (does the track get tighter or looser when compressed? like the current ones.)

20 lbs lighter rocks!

lets here some more!!!

Dec 4, 2007
pa
yes!

Looks massive.

Is that Plastic injection molded rails?

Is there only one shock?

Did AD B. do their homework on this geometry? (does the track get tighter or looser when compressed? like the current ones.)

20 lbs lighter rocks!

lets here some more!!!

yes plastic injected mold
2 g/force shocks
and the good thing about this,,the tension on the track doesnt seem to change at all! because the whole suspension works as one, even though it has 2 pivot points!

i would never put down anyones product in any shape or form,, but when something works! i will promote it! this works! and its like reselling the hawk idea. the hawk is good, but people know the suspension is a little stiff for most, if you want the fix! keep buying the drug!!! ad boivin are smart fellas!

Premium Features