• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

golden.... hope... snow conditions

jrcactus

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Winfield BC
Was at silent on the Saturday the 23rd and went in the Silent mines direction, no new snow for a while up there, we stuck to logging roads and had a hoot.
Oldman and Gorman had avy's, we had a friend ride both and said they seen a few come done in both spots.

R

rev2xheart

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Montana / Alberta
A buddy and I are going to be there Sat and Sun.

Never been there before, hoping the snow is good. Probably going to be like cement though with this warm weather.

S

sledhed88

Dec 13, 2007
From the forcast it looks like theyve got snow this week? I dunno, hopefully. Heading up on friday nite. Ride quartz on one day

D

DARKO

Nov 21, 2007
Kelowna, BC.
thinking of getting their soon if snow is good

anyone been their lately and how is the avy conditions

anyone going their in the next few days??

thanks

Come a little more West if your ready for Schooling there Freddy.

Talk is cheap !

R

Ramjet15x

Nov 27, 2007
Leduc, AB
Was there previous weekend Feb 17, very large AVY on East Arm, freinds went in 22-23 had good time but Avy's a concern, rode Oldman Sunday 24, did not see anything other than southern slopes with minor slides due to radiant, several turbo Yammies came in and went up into rocks, thought they were looking for trouble for sure

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
last i heard revy snow is not so great:D

rummor has it from the calgary bunch you got schooled by a 885xp... would you like to fill us in on that:D

since snow is the sh!ts, we might pass for another weekend that direction, thanks guys

Come a little more West if your ready for Schooling there Freddy.

Talk is cheap !

Last edited:
D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
Was there previous weekend Feb 17, very large AVY on East Arm, freinds went in 22-23 had good time but Avy's a concern, rode Oldman Sunday 24, did not see anything other than southern slopes with minor slides due to radiant, several turbo Yammies came in and went up into rocks, thought they were looking for trouble for sure

I was on the black CR Apex, were you the guy on the XP?? Thats not the place to get into trouble.

D

DARKO

Nov 21, 2007
Kelowna, BC.
rummor has it from the calgary bunch you got schooled by a 885xp... would you like to fill us in on that:D

Bahahaha, thats fuggin funny. Almost as much BS as you've only got 14k in your sled. Internet's full of liars...... Anyway, no point in stooping down to your level. PM when your ready ride on snow, not the internet.

Yah I imagine there is always a few fresh tracks around - depends on how creative you want to get. Be careful exploring as the stability is still not that great, trees are good but keep an eye on what's way above you, remind yourself of how far reaching the big ones can be..... We need more snow for sure. Last year March brought quite a bit of good dry stuff....it's a long way from over for this year.

nate

N
Nov 26, 2007
CowTown
Is there anybody going that wouldn't mind showing a couple guys around?

Are you going for sure? I'm on the fence right now, keep checking the weather and waffling on my decision. If I go, I'd be willing to show you some "secret" spots...but then the locals would have to kill me. :D

I'll PM you tomorrow with my final decision.

S

sledhed88

Dec 13, 2007
Lots of slides! Ride safe guys. 2ft of pow at silent on sat, a foot to 2 at quartz!

M
Sep 21, 2002
Edmonton
Lots of slides! Ride safe guys. 2ft of pow at silent on sat, a foot to 2 at quartz!

Uhh i wouldn't say it was that much, but it was an awesome weekend to ride.

I would say 8" fresh, and 2 feet of soft set up snow.
We did Hope Saturday, and another place sunday. Blue skies and sweet conditions.

There was a definite bad layer about 10" down, looked like a sun crust and huge hoar frost. almost an inch thick of it and it was giving away easily.
I will post some pics, some good vids too!:)

Check out my vid. \/ \/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zZW9NXdw_c

Last edited:
N
Nov 26, 2007
CowTown
Any news?

Anyone got any news about the conditions out there? Looking to go riding maybe Friday/Sat, have a spare spot on the trailer from Calgary or could meet someone out there.

Any new snow to speak of?

Thanks.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
looking to go there or revy, when i called the doo dealer in golden he thought conditions were not to good, any ifo would be great

almost the same time going to revy or hope. lol

Anyone got any news about the conditions out there? Looking to go riding maybe Friday/Sat, have a spare spot on the trailer from Calgary or could meet someone out there.

Any new snow to speak of?

Thanks.

R

Ramjet15x

Nov 27, 2007
Leduc, AB

Going to Golden this weekend Fred, pm'd you, please check, would like details on Ralph's motor please...
Ramjet

Premium Features