• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Visitor to the Crazies, HELP!!!

A
Feb 20, 2008
Palmer, AK
So we are heading down to Bozeman on Thursday, and then heading up to the Marlboro Ranch in the Crazy Mnts. for a few days. Never been to Montana, and don't know what to expect. We also don't know exactly where this ranch is, so we can't look it up... :-( We currently have CRAP for snow right now up here, so I hope there is some good riding to be had. Anybody know anything about where this ranch is, as well as the weather and snow right now up there? I heard they get 150-200" annually. If that's the case, I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Last edited:
C

canbar

Oct 18, 2002
Montana
Marlboro Ranch is east of Clyde Park. Snow should be pretty good. Temps are getting up there so might be mushy low and spring riding at higher elevation.

A
Feb 20, 2008
Palmer, AK
Thanks guys! We're pretty excited, but they tell us it will be trail riding. Was hoping for some nice powder riding, but good spring riding will do. Maybe we'll skip out on the ranch and rent some sleds for the weekend! :p

Thanks again for the updates!

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
I haven't been to the Crazies at all this year, but I have been watching the Snotel and they haven't gotten the snow this year that they normally do. If the snow isn't very good I would definitely recommend heading down to Cooke City and renting. Cooke has had a great snow year and you can rent right there in town. They have been getting a little snow this week and are suppose to get some more today and Saturday for sure. The Snotel for Cooke is at 112" and the Snotel for the Crazies is at 40." I have been in California for a month, but before I left the snow in Cooke was excellent and they have gotten quite a bit more since then. Cooke has some of best and most varied terrain around as well. Hope you have fun.

Premium Features