• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is Fairfield Accessible

C

crestview

Dec 3, 2007
Kimberly Id
Hey I have heard rumors that there is so much snow in fairfield that at 4 yesterday they had no way of getting kids home from school. Anyone know if the road from Gooding to Fairfield is going to be open Friday or Saterday. The snow will be epic if we can figure out how to get out there. Thanks.

E

Extreme-One

Nov 26, 2007
Meridian, ID
The road is suppose to open at noon today. Thinking of heading that way but the big problem isn't the road, its visibility while riding. Flat light is a major killer out there. I've seen many a sled get damaged as well as people breaking body parts from not seeing holes and drifts. But when the sun is out it is a blast to ride, you can go for miles in any direction and find great places to ride.

C
Dec 6, 2005
Idaho
They said as long as the wind blows they will keep the road closed.
The rotary plows are down.
As of tonight it is still closed.
We did ride from Gooding to Fairfield the other day for lunch, then rode home.
Lots and lots of drifts.
It got really flat on the way home, makes it hard to see all the holes.

T
Nov 27, 2007
Road opened last night about 7:30 to mile marker 127 (pine turnoff) then 11:30 the rest of the way. All parking spots at pine turnoff and the historical marker were full today. The snow though was very hard.

Visibilty was great, sun was out, we rode for 5 hours and then bbq'd afternoon snakcs and came home. I broke he tunnel extention off my sled when I hit a cornice a little to hard and the sled landed on its tail. Oh well.

Don

T
Nov 27, 2007
No, Rob dropped off the cornice, I said I can climb that from below. Too much speed not enough brains. Sled landed vertical on the tail and the tunnel extension pulled all the rivets. Flops around like broken mud flap. As I have gotten more adventurous this year I have broken my handle bars with my chest, broken my plexi hood rolling it down a hill and now the tunnel. It was cheaper when I watched more. :)

Don

B
Nov 27, 2007
No, Rob dropped off the cornice, I said I can climb that from below. Too much speed not enough brains. Sled landed vertical on the tail and the tunnel extension pulled all the rivets. Flops around like broken mud flap. As I have gotten more adventurous this year I have broken my handle bars with my chest, broken my plexi hood rolling it down a hill and now the tunnel. It was cheaper when I watched more. :)

Don

HAHHAHAHHAHA.......Man that's not good Don hurry and get it fixed so we can go do some riding :D

Here is a pic on how it is done:beer;

Jumping.jpg

Premium Features