• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WTF??? Tether ?? IQ Polaris

T
Nov 26, 2007
Got a tether as my only source of ignition switch on my IQ-R 800.

Pulled the plug and it kept running. Trouble shot it by pulling it out, connecting the wires and no spark to the plugs.

So, I replace the tether switch. Install is hard wire on the sled, I don't have a plug in so it is soldered in then shrink tube wrapped. The new tether went in last week, works like it should. Then last night, pull tether, and it keeps running...

Friend tells me the Polaris watercraft ones are a lot better and more durable, can anyone confirm and/or give me a part # of a suitable one that fits in the same size hole as a Sled one??

Am I jacking these tethers up cause I am soldering them into the wire harness?? How common is it to lose two tethers in a week?? Just bad luck?

N
Dec 2, 2007
Your ground is not connected. when you pull your tether its supposed to ground out the current going to the spark plugs if its not connected current continues. Is this a new build?

T
Nov 26, 2007
I just installed this new one and it worked for a week, now it doesn't. Pretty sure it isn't the ground.

Roadwarrior and omer.... I was kinda wondering if it was the button not fully being able to push out?? Do you think the rubber cap is too close to the button inside then?? I do have the tether mounted to a piece of aluminum that is pretty thick (3/16") so I didn't use the washer thinking using it would keep the cap from pushing the button in far enough to make ignition work.

I will try the washer idea and check the "spring" of the button coming out then.

Thanks.

Premium Features