• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wondering if anyone has time on a 144 or 159

T
Nov 26, 2007
I have ridden a 503 about 3-4 years ago in Cooke City. It was fun, but under powered at that elevation. I am going to ride an 800 in Island Park in 2 weeks and am interested in buying a Snow Hawk. All my riding is western, climbing, boondocking, with very little on trail time. I am considering a long track and wondering about the tapered vs. the square track for cornering, and also how does the longer track affect turning. I have seen some videos of really tight radius turns, but all are of short tracks.

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
top gun 800 144"

I had the top gun with the 144 to cooke and it did awsome. I havent rode the rounded short track yet to compare. it works good on trails too. Where you from?

T
Nov 26, 2007
Bismarck, I'm renting yours on the 17th. I didn't know it was a 144. Now I'm really stoked. Did you have any luck with clutching /jetting for 8-9000 ft?

Dennis

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
no info yet just put up message for help. I had a blast with it. kept up with my friends m7s 151 & 163 ok for not having proper set up. We have ridden a fair amount around here it is great.

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
they give jetting specs but nothing for clutching It does have compensators. It worked fine the first morning but then i unhooked the little hose because I was told that it only compensates to 5000 feet at a time but according to the company that is BS. Ended up rejetting to get to run right. I rejetted it for home again and it flippin rips. I did make an adjustment to the compensator according to the install papers so hopefully that fixes the problem.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Bad rap!

I have ridden a 503 about 3-4 years ago in Cooke City. It was fun, but under powered at that elevation. I am going to ride an 800 in Island Park in 2 weeks and am interested in buying a Snow Hawk. All my riding is western, climbing, boondocking, with very little on trail time. I am considering a long track and wondering about the tapered vs. the square track for cornering, and also how does the longer track affect turning. I have seen some videos of really tight radius turns, but all are of short tracks.

How do you know the 503F you rode was set up properly? Notice on http://mccbrothers.com/photos/ that the majority of our pics are of said machine, most of these guy's got their Hawks after owning 700-1000cc sleds.

I am not trying to convince you otherwise, just that I am sure that had that Polaris dealer in Cooke City put the effort in you would have come away with a whole different opinion!

Premium Features