• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How Do You Sidehill?

Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)
T
Nov 29, 2007
bozo, MT
grab a handfull of throttle and lean whichever way you want to go!!!! i personally feel that left hand throttles are a complete waste of time, just one more thing to put on a sled to make guys feel better.... (here comes the bashing) :eek:

How many different technique's could there be??? drag the leg, both legs over, both legs normal, one leg over the bars, both legs over the bars, one leg over the hood and one leg under the seat.. would mostly depend on the terrain and snow conditions, but I just do what ever I have to do to get it done and have fun!

I use the strap. dont have a lefty, but kinda want one.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
The left hand throttle helps some times but it takes a long time to get used to.

Its worth $100.

T
Nov 26, 2007
So who here has a strap on their bars?

And of the peeps that do have one, and say the lefty throttle is useless.... what do you use your bar strap for?

C

cowkiller

Nov 26, 2007
Eugene Or.
sidehilling

I had a lefty on my king cat
I have not installed on on the M8, This sled is easy to put on it's side. Don't think I need it,they are kinda junky (I bet I take a beating for that one)
I use the strap at slow speed "gotta crank it" situations
at speed no strap just transfer weight and Gitty-Up!

M
Nov 26, 2007
billings, MT
a lot of times i will hang one leg off for that unexpected(fill in the blank) that might throw you off balance. the leg, for me, helps off-set this. never use the strap and do not see any reason for a lefty.

M
Aug 29, 2005
Arvada, Colorado
Use my strap when I need to hang off the sled. Otherwise, if it is soft snow, just kick the skis downhill give her gas and hang on! Love my lefty as a female have shorter arms, so it makes it easier to kick the weight to the left side.

Good thread! Should get interesting.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Depends....at speed - just lean, medium speed - both legs on one side, real tight donuts or turning back up a hill - hang the leg out.

I don't use the strap much and don't see any use for a left hand throttle....but I weigh 220, so more than enough weight to throw it around without.

Last edited:

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
Will never use lefty, and never used my strap so now I dont have that either.
Watch the vids, they dont use either.
Figure out how to shift your weight and turn properly.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Okotoks
just stand on one side and hit the throttle. the sled just goes. I find it easier to sidehill standing on the left side. Taken a while to figure out that more throttle was my friend.

L
Dec 1, 2007
When you learn how to do a figure 8 on the side a mountain, you've figured it out. It looks so good across a valley or from another mountain. Practice, practice, practice. Need to fall off alot to get it down. I still get bucked off a few times a year. Have fun. No lefty for me. 6 ft. 180 lbs, bars 31 inches up from running boards. Good leverage.

D
Nov 26, 2007
Kettle Falls WA
countersteer :D

I have a goldfinger, glad I arn't gay :face-icon-small-con

got it for those freakin wind blown rock hard faces up calispell..didn't have enough lead in my azz to pull it over on the left when turning back uphill...left hand throttle woulda been the cats azz :p

Premium Features