• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 MC Tether

pitchervy

Lifetime Membership
May 2, 2017
Valpo, Indiana
Anyone have any luck finding an Arctic Cat tether for the new sled? Its been back ordered for a couple months and it keeps getting pushed back...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pitchervy

Lifetime Membership
May 2, 2017
Valpo, Indiana
I appreciate the re-direct, but some riders have had problems with off axis tether releases with that product. I would prefer to stick with the Cat tether. Plus I already have a spare tether cap from my other sled.

Has anyone been able to purchase the new Cat tether for 2018 c-tech sled yet?

bkm20x

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Arnolds Park, IA
I went with the speedwerx control kit and used the the 12-17 tether using the pigtail in the speedwerx harness. Awesome fit and finish and gets rid of the dated cat controls

Vertical-Extreme

Lifetime Membership
Sep 15, 2008
Airdrie, Alberta
www.airdriejudo.ca
I appreciate the re-direct, but some riders have had problems with off axis tether releases with that product. I would prefer to stick with the Cat tether. Plus I already have a spare tether cap from my other sled.

Has anyone been able to purchase the new Cat tether for 2018 c-tech sled yet?

Probably safe to say more people have had issues with the cat weather than the OFT / Pro armour one....

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Probably safe to say more people have had issues with the cat weather than the OFT / Pro armour one....

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
I will second that!
I have a cat tether on my 14, never know if its going to work......so inconsistent.
Have a pro armor for my 18.

Mountain Cat

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
Personally I know where you are coming from.
But after messing around with cats tether I can tell you it is the biggest piece of junk ever... cat really needs to step it up. The pro-armor is a much much better product.
Good luck cheers:)

ijstjohn

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2008
North Idaho
The Cat tether can be finicky for sure. I believe it's in the installation process that the square wire connectors are very sensative. You have to make sure that you have good contact and that the ends didn't get damaged, bent, etc. I ended up criss crossing zip ties on the pig tails that are plugged together to try and maintain pressure on the two plugs and it actually seemed to work. I never had any issues since.
To the OP I will be ordering one today and will let you know if I have any luck.

B
Dec 12, 2014
I have had a factory cat tether on backorder since beginning of October. Every dealer seems to have them backordered. Hope they ship soon!

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
I talked with my dealer yesterday, and he said they shipped. So it should be soon.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
i went with a universal pro armor off ebay, hard wired it. half the price, no pins to foul up on ya down the road.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Soldered to the wires in front of the riser. $30?
c89347ecfc9b33744c7d3c9cfcad8b48.jpg

Mountain Cat

pitchervy

Lifetime Membership
May 2, 2017
Valpo, Indiana
I went with the speedwerx control kit and used the the 12-17 tether using the pigtail in the speedwerx harness. Awesome fit and finish and gets rid of the dated cat controls

Thanks for the reply. I purchased the Speedwerks controls kit at Haydays and I've been waiting for the tether so I can install it all at once. I called Country Cat and they confirmed that either the 12-17 tether or the 18+ tether will plug and play with the Speedwerks kit. Country Cat didn't have any confidence the 18+ kit would be in anytime soon so I ordered the older kit.

Premium Features