• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

? on mountain sleds

N
Dec 10, 2007
Hi Im new here but have been lurking for a while. So i dont know if this question is in the right place.

If you were to buy a new 800 sled this year what would it be?

I have a rmk 800 2002 and was wondering if i should make a change and go to cat.

Thanks for any help:)

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
Hi Im new here but have been lurking for a while. So i dont know if this question is in the right place.

If you were to buy a new 800 sled this year what would it be?

I have a rmk 800 2002 and was wondering if i should make a change and go to cat.

Thanks for any help:)

Ride each and decide.
Your the only one who can tell what sled you like.

O
Dec 6, 2007
If I bought a new 800 this year it would definately be the Polaris. For the same money, or very close, I would probably find an M1000 Sno Pro 162 though.

All the new sleds are pretty awesome.

S
Nov 28, 2007
Alberta
you seriously cant go wrong with the M/dragon/summit 800. I would maybe wait for more reviews on the new dragon/summit, but the 700dragon is a great sled

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
800 dragon, first year engine. 800 doo, light and easy to tow in! Yamaha, good sled, under-powered for the extra weight. 800 cat, second year refinements with a good track record.

O
Dec 6, 2007
M8????? The same M8 that got beat up by the 700 Dragon last year????

Granted, not a bad sled in any way, but it just doesn't have the power of either the Doo or the Poo.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
I would take your 2002 RMK and work it over with SLP's performance package. This consists of porting, head work, SLP high RPM single pipe, and air box mods. I know a few guys who have been running this for years and they can run along side, or better than, any stocker the Big 4 has to offer. Performance on sleds really hasn't taken a step forward since 2002 or 2003, people just try to justify spending alot of money for the same performance they already had. Good clutching is the key.

Last edited:

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Find a good dealer that treats ya right, and ride what he sells!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IMHO

Finerotax, Now thats good advice I have to drive 100 miles to a polaris dealer because my local dealer makes me want to go POSTAL. A good dealer is as important as a good riding buddy. Both are a must

gunslinger770

Lifetime Membership
Jan 25, 2006
North of Okanogan, Wa.
That's a personal decision that only you can make. I learned along time ago that following someone else's likes can cause heartache for you.

The sled you have is a great one though if your looking to go new, talk to the dealers, get familiar with each sled and then make a decision based on your likes and dislikes and what YOU want. I'm a Polaris fan but if the Cat turns you on check them out as you need to be happy with what you buy, not what makes somebody else happy. There are no bad sleds out there, only some slightly better in certain areas-don't let anyone kid you.

I've ridden all brands for 29 years and loved them all, just some a bit more than others...........but that's a decision YOU have to make.:)

Zrider

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2003
Sparks, NV
AdrenalineAddict:

Perfectly stated. Plus one would have 10 large + still in the checkbook. Saw lots of guys here in our area that bought new iron last year and they didn't run worth s**t. Most often, it boiled down to clutching(lack of).

C
Nov 26, 2007
dankorage
M8????? The same M8 that got beat up by the 700 Dragon last year????

Granted, not a bad sled in any way, but it just doesn't have the power of either the Doo or the Poo.
what about that same M7 that beat up on the RMK 900?? lol

id stick with your EDGE, thats the only poo (minus this old AZZ ultra that was one of the fastest sleds iv ever ridden) that i actually enjoyed and is great in powder. just modd that bad chicken out, i dont have the money to buy a new sled, so i just throw an eighth of the money into the motor and suspension to make it run with the newer sleds if not beat em.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
It really comes down to a couple things:
-Personal Preference, I like the Dragon, although I have not rode the 800. I have not rode the New Ski Doo 800 XP, but it is light. I have rode an M7, but not the M8. I liked the M7, but I liked the Dragon a lot more.

I just bought an 05 800 Rev (Ski Doo).

The 2nd thing this comes down to is how much money you want to spend. You probably will not be able to find an 800 Dragon (Polaris) very easily. The Ski-Doo is hard to find, but possible. You should have NO problems at all getting an M8.

What did you plan on spending?

S

sldgy

It really comes down to a couple things:
-Personal Preference, I like the Dragon, although I have not rode the 800. I have not rode the New Ski Doo 800 XP, but it is light. I have rode an M7, but not the M8. I liked the M7, but I liked the Dragon a lot more.

I just bought an 05 800 Rev (Ski Doo).

The 2nd thing this comes down to is how much money you want to spend. You probably will not be able to find an 800 Dragon (Polaris) very easily. The Ski-Doo is hard to find, but possible. You should have NO problems at all getting an M8.

What did you plan on spending?

Present Past Past Participle

ride rode (have) ridden

Examples of Incorrect Usage: I have rode a bike since I was 10.(have ridden)

Premium Features