• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Price on ABS Freeride pack?

W
Dec 7, 2007
Victor ID
I want to buy 2 ABS packs, Freeride model. Anyone have info on dealers and the best price around?

Last year there was a problem with getting the cartidges into the US, has this been resolved?

Thanks in advance, Matt.

R
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Sask
I bought mine at Canadian Powder Adventures. I do believe that they will ship to the US, so getting one across the border should not be a problem.

You might also want to check out Klim USA to see if they have any left.

SnowBigDeal

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Dec 17, 2003
Mt. Pleasant, UT
www.snowbigdeal.com
We carry the ABS Freeride and have US DOT Approved canisters in stock. Check out our website: http://www.snowbigdeal.com

For those who buy their airbag from us: if you are ever in an avalanche and deploy your airbag, take some pictures and we have a report to fill out. We will then issue you a free canister in exchange for your empty canister, pictures, and report.

PM me with any questions

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I'd go with the Vario model... you can switch up the pack if you need to pack more stuff with you... Plus you will have more flexibilty if you need to sell it (it will appeal to more people).

I just got my Vario pack from SnowBigDeal... Awesome customer service and super fast service... Everything ships from the USA and they take credit cards over the phone without needing to print out a form and fax it back...

I will be buying the Rocky mountain Extreme Freestyle pack that they had custom made to zip onto the ABS Vario base unit in addition to the 30L pack that I got from SBD.

It was just too much of a headache to deal with shipping across the border for a $1000 item with all of the Customs and broker BS out there...

I hope I never need to use it but I was impressed with the test fire operation.

Vario Base unit
cbid_2_585.jpg

RMX Freestyle Vario pack
new%20vario%20FRS%20rear%20view%20caption.jpg

Base unit with 30L pack
cbid_2_602.jpg

Base unit with 15L pack
cbid_2_544.jpg

Last edited:
T
Nov 29, 2007
Wuhan, WA
How are people mounting a shovel on the outside of the escape 15? I don't see how it would work, it looks more like a snowboard strap to me since it has the open bottom. Anyone have any pictures?

Premium Features