• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Has anyone removed reverse from 07 M8 Diamond Drive

WaBackcountry

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Orondo, WA
I know you can buy a new diamond drive from Black Diamond Extreme with reverse removed for $600 that is 10lbs lighter but I pulled my track and drivers out tonight and was wondering if anyone has Sh#tcanned the servo for reverse and pulled the gears out of the diamond drive at home. Any links to track removal on 07 M8? It was a bit different than my M7's and I think I made it more difficult than it had to be.

Last edited:

Untamed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
McCall, ID
My brother and I did this about a month ago..

-Loosen track and remove rear skid

-Remove big nut on rotor side with punch and hammer

-Remove axel bolt deep inside axel

-Unplug reverse harness and remove screws

-Lift and remove actuator motor from sled (by left foot)

-Pull Diamond Drive as normal
:D

Untamed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
McCall, ID
Make sure you get a new axel also you will need it. the new one is longer on the diamond drive side:rolleyes:

N

Nubulin

Oct 26, 2005
Flatlands USA :(
I know you can buy a new diamond drive from Black Diamond Extreme with reverse removed for $600 that is 10lbs lighter but I pulled my track and drivers out tonight and was wondering if anyone has Sh#tcanned the servo for reverse and pulled the gears out of the diamond drive at home. Any links to track removal on 07 M8? It was a bit different than my M7's and I think I made it more difficult than it had to be.

You can't just "pull the reverse gears out". Without all the stuff that adds the 11 lbs, the drive wont do anything. Think big box half full of lose parts..... You will either need the BD removal kit and a new shaft, or retrofit an 05/06 case and get a new shaft.

Premium Features