• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Making my own snow eliminators, need advice

S

Sako7STW

Nov 6, 2003
Evanston, WY
Long time poster but had to make a new account? I am in the middle of making my own snow eliminators for my sled as it has a custom tunnel and there are no aftermarket kits that fit right for it. Pretty simple really, using the Power Madd Grip Strips. I have the strips in place already and am preparing to make some holes between the strips.

So here is the question. I can do this easily in two ways. The easiest way is use a hole saw and drill two holes side by side then use a cutting wheel and "connect the dots" on the outer edges. This will make only a oval shaped hole. Second is i could drill four small holes where the corners of the hole will be. Then again "connect the dots" but this time only cut the long edge on the side rearward of the machine and the two side lines thus making a hole when the flap is bent down. Seams like the factories are sorta making the flap type holes. Is there a reason for this? What would you do?

Thanks

D

DValentine

Nov 27, 2007
Laurel Montana
Don't see why that wouldn't work. I have been working on a old Phazer project and thinking of the same kind of thing. The flap type comes from the fact that they use flat plate, which I would imagine is quicker then holes or some other type of machining.

L
Nov 26, 2007
Grand Forks BC Canada
Or you could make some like this;

UHMWBoard.jpg

Or this;

Runningboard.jpg

Premium Features