• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whats the better sled apex or nytro

not sure on the nytros streering but love the apex handling but a little heavy also with the nytro took a short ride on it but still very nice sled and yes want to climb but be able to boondock as well probably thinking supercharger because of the no lag factor

summitking

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Lumby
sled

You better try the synergy nytro kit and apex kit if you want to feel no lag with a turbo

D

DLUX

Nov 26, 2007
Grande Prairie
I love the apex, it feels so good to ride and boondocks like a dream. As fas as boost the mcx turbo works awsome, gas and go no fuggin around, from what i hear the superchargers are a bit finicky and you need to run race gas.
I think the nytro is gona be fun but i am not totally convinced that i will like it more than the apex. I was planning on keeping both this year to mix it up but now i decided two $30,000 plus sleds is kinda silly. so the apex is gotta go!

D

summitking

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Lumby
Ya or alpine or boon dockers Parker turbo kit MPI super charger Union Bay theres lots of good choices

R

Remmy

Dec 28, 2003
With everything equal (Track size, skid length, tunnel exc.) the Nytro is approx. 40 lbs. lighter than an Apex. On the flipside, the Apex makes about 30-40 more hp at equivalent boost numbers. In addition, the Apex is easily run up to 20+ lbs. The verdict is still out on the Nytro.

Until dethroned, the 4-cylinders will probably be king of the mountain while the Nytro will be a great boondocker that will outperform most any sled it runs up against.....just not all. :cool:

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
The nytro chassis is hard to beat for all around riding. Like i have said before, if i were to buy a sled right now, it would be a Nytro. Yes i had a turbo Apex, but the nytro is a far superior ride and the fun factor is much higher in my opinion even if it has less power.

S
Nov 26, 2007
FU
If you are a big guy, like big hp, like climbing than the apex may be a better fit.

MCX - Gas up and go .... everyday

Go with a Nytro if you want a better boondocker but a few lightweight mods to an apex and you'll have a sweet set up also.

I

IRONMAN

Nov 26, 2007
haha people on here saying the apex dosent boon with the nitro, I have seen some peeps I know to be great riders get on the boosted nitro and look real average. The sled is ALOT different to ride, it does feel easier to toss from side to side the stearing takes a little to get used to. I think if the same rider gets on a apex and then a nitro he is going to take the apex farther in the trees then he will the nitro. Mite change once people have a season on it, but for now I still think the apex is king all around, and anyone who says its a point and shoot machine, dont know what they are talking about, or cant ride.

R

Remmy

Dec 28, 2003
The nytro chassis is hard to beat for all around riding. Like i have said before, if i were to buy a sled right now, it would be a Nytro. Yes i had a turbo Apex, but the nytro is a far superior ride and the fun factor is much higher in my opinion even if it has less power.

Not doubting your experience, but your old Apex was bone stock other than the MCX Turbo, and from some of the guys I've spoke with (who have owned both), the front, side or mid-mount turbos are a blast to ride relative to the rear mount. Snappier throttle response, significant weightloss, and a setup chassis are a big difference from a stock, rear-mount turboed Apex.

Not trying to bash on anyone's ride, but IMO different builds are going to have totally different handling and performance characteristics in the Mountains.

Last edited:
P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
It is like comparing a old muscle car to a Subaru WRX
The Nitro stock out-handles the Apex stock by a mile and then some.
At this point no one I know has had time to properly set up the suspension for boost. With the stock set up and double the HP they are a handful, much less of a problem with the heavier Apex.
However there is no doubt in my mind that with a proper skid wider ski stance and good shocks it will smoke the apexes in all but wide open straight pulls.
Did you guys ever ride a Nitro ? By the comments here I doubt it.
On the other hand I would challenge anyone to line up a new sled against a well set up Lightweight mod sled ---You can not come to the mountain with a new sled and think you can kick but ------It takes some time to set them up to compete in the mod field.

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
Not doubting your experience, but your old Apex was bone stock other than the MCX Turbo, and from some of the guys I've spoke with (who have owned both), the front, side or mid-mount turbos are a blast to ride relative to the rear mount. Snappier throttle response, significant weightloss, and a setup chassis are a big difference from a stock, rear-mount turboed Apex.

Not trying to bash on anyone's ride, but IMO different builds are going to have totally different handling and performance characteristics in the Mountains.

Remmy, have you rode a Nytro? Have you riden anything other than your stock boosted turbo as well> I have rode front mounts, rear mounts, modded and not, it doesnt make a difference if the rider positioning hasnt changed. I came off a IQR with a modded out 800 and i loved it. I switched to the phazer last year in hopes of 200+hp but no one was able to put together a kit to do that. I wanted the phazer because they were lite and more so rider forward. They are a blast to ride but need more power so i sold it for the apex for the time being. It was like jumping back in time to ride a sled.Rider forward sleds are easier to control, flick around, comfortable and at the end of the day leave you with less fatigue. Im not bashing anyones ride, but manufactuers are moving towards a rider forwad position for a reason, they are the future because of ride ability, they just work better in all conditions. You can put all the mods you want on a apex, tunnels, suspension, seats, hoods, the whole 9, but its still a apex with the same rider postion, it might be lighter and look cool but its still the same chassis. The same reason yamaha went from the rx1 to the apex, more forward and better ergonomics, and yes fuel injection but i have a feeling the apex will be getting an update as well but time will tell. I will stick to my guns and say the Nytro is and will be a better ride, people just have to get use to the rider postion and once they do wont want to go back, wait and you will see. Just my .02

Last edited:
O
Nov 26, 2007
Alta, Norway
www.scooternorge.no
for all around riding I'd take the Nytro any day....

I've had the Apex, Phazer, and now the Nytro. I'f your used to Rider-forward sleds, nytro will be a better ride... And, even if your NOT used to it, after a couple of rides, you will...

R

Remmy

Dec 28, 2003
Remmy, have you rode a Nytro? Have you riden anything other than your stock boosted turbo as well> I have rode front mounts, rear mounts, modded and not, it doesnt make a difference if the rider positioning hasnt changed. I came off a IQR with a modded out 800 and i loved it. I switched to the phazer last year in hopes of 200+hp but no one was able to put together a kit to do that. I wanted the phazer because they were lite and more so rider forward. They are a blast to ride but need more power so i sold it for the apex for the time being. It was like jumping back in time to ride a sled.Rider forward sleds are easier to control, flick around, comfortable and at the end of the day leave you with less fatigue. Im not bashing anyones ride, but manufactuers are moving towards a rider forwad position for a reason, they are the future because of ride ability, they just work better in all conditions. You can put all the mods you want on a apex, tunnels, suspension, seats, hoods, the whole 9, but its still a apex with the same rider postion, it might be lighter and look cool but its still the same chassis. The same reason yamaha went from the rx1 to the apex, more forward and better ergonomics, and yes fuel injection but i have a feeling the apex will be getting an update as well but time will tell. I will stick to my guns and say the Nytro is and will be a better ride, people just have to get use to the rider postion and once they do wont want to go back, wait and you will see. Just my .02

Cool, you may very well be right. And yes, Hyflyr, I have ridden a variety of "extreme" rider forward sleds. Maybe not just long enough to really appreciate the difference in ergos.

Although if I was in your position I wouldn't even contemplate a Nytro I would wait until the New Apex comes out next year. Because if you get a Nytro, then Ttim and I will beat you like a redheaded stepchild in the mountains with old outdated 4-cylinders :D HaHa J/K :face-icon-small-win

Last edited:
S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
haha people on here saying the apex dosent boon with the nitro, I have seen some peeps I know to be great riders get on the boosted nitro and look real average. The sled is ALOT different to ride, it does feel easier to toss from side to side the stearing takes a little to get used to. I think if the same rider gets on a apex and then a nitro he is going to take the apex farther in the trees then he will the nitro. Mite change once people have a season on it, but for now I still think the apex is king all around, and anyone who says its a point and shoot machine, dont know what they are talking about, or cant ride.

Yep!!!!

Sam

D

DARKO

Nov 21, 2007
Kelowna, BC.
Remmy, have you rode a Nytro? Have you riden anything other than your stock boosted turbo as well>

LMFAO, why would he do that ? Hahahaha, that would be an educated response, and you know thats not like Remmy. What he has in his garage is the best thing in the world in his eyes, even self proclaims himself as a "bigboy". LOL I always wondered how someone can compair 2 things, with only seeing/riding one.......

What Ironman said was pretty bang on, the Nytro is a whole new beast IMO it rides exactly like a Rev in many ways. The rider forward is so forward its like standing on the ski's, i dont know how Yami has hidden the weight so well because fug the Nytro rides light. The Apex vs Nytro, there far apart from eachother its tough to even compair. Dethrowning the Apex will be a tough task cuz they handle so awesome is all aspects of mountain riding, and there super stable not to mention pretty much bomb proof with the right set up. It is super funny watching kickass riders on Apexs get on the Nytro's, its like super drunk cowboy getting on a bull. Hahahaha

Last edited:
Premium Features