• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

teather switch wires?

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Ok I'm swallowing my pride and asking a simple question. I have a 99 PS and trying to hook a teather switch on. I thought I could just pull the ignition switch wires and hook it up. Trouble is the teather switch is opened when un-capped and closed when capped. I have two teathers both say they are for cat and both are the same. Cat needs to be open to run so these will not work at the ig. switch wires. They have ends on them that fit the switch wires but unless I want to run it with the cap off and snap it on to shut it off, it won't work. Do it have to cut the kill switch wires and use the switch to break the hot circut? What wires do i hook up? Thanks for any help. I hate to cut the wrong ones and end up with a mess.

King o the Hill

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Long Beach, Ca
www.teamsummit.net
Arctic Cat #4639-140 Get one of these...for NOI should solve w/o cutting and splicing...Smalley's in Jackson, Ca has 10 in stock I had to get one myself. These are getting hard to find as they are one of the only ones left that work in tandem with your keyed ignition and are being phased out by a "universal" setup.

SaberKitty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2006
Foothills of Grosse Gelb
Plug and play.

Hardest part is having the courage to drill a hole in the dash (or elsewhere) to mount (or remove the key and put the tether switch in that hole).

Premium Features