• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pod filters on edge

E

e46m3

Nov 27, 2007
Crystal, MN
I know someone has run pod filters of some sort on and edge. How do you get around the steering post on the right side carb? I have heard of using different carb boots, but you can run a boost bottle. I know there were other posts on this subject, but the since the forums change they are gone. Thanks for your help.

S

Supplicate

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2005
Slowdotnuh
Everyone I've talked to about the pods say the Edge chassis runs way better using the OEM airbox (gutted of course).

You can buy a steering post from Wildchild with the pod bend in it though.

edit:

or buy a Timbersled intake

DCP_0343%20(Small).JPG

though I think those are for Gen2's

Last edited:
R

RockinMntKing

Dec 10, 2007
Wibur, WA
not to throw a loop out there or anything but from my understanding how much power could pods really give you if you are sucking in all that super heated air from under the hood? If you have the box at least you are gettting cool air which produces substantial more power????? or am i wrong?

irondave86

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
N.W. Washington
not to throw a loop out there or anything but from my understanding how much power could pods really give you if you are sucking in all that super heated air from under the hood? If you have the box at least you are gettting cool air which produces substantial more power????? or am i wrong?
imo your excatly right, the only reason i use pods is because the air box wouldnt fit.

P
Mar 25, 2003
Ellensburg, WA
there are pods made with offset angles built in. I have an 02 w/Sever 770 one straight pod, one 45 pod. No issues. They work great in cold weather, not a good spring set up. I also have a diamond S mesh hood, so get plenty of air.

T

TravRMK

Feb 1, 2004
Pocatello, ID
Pods are a waste of time and money on the edge chassis, well all, in my opinion, unless you run without a hood. Way to finicky, don't run right unless the hood is off, which means only spring riding. Try it on a pow day, and you will see how good she runs sucking hot air, and steam in the engine instead of cold air....Bwaaaaaaw Bwaaaaaaw, instead of braap, braap.

Premium Features