• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Longer lug tracks and trails

E
Aug 20, 2011
Soo/Menominee MI
My m7 has a 141x15x2.25 powerclaw which worked great in colorado, however ive been considering running it back in the up. My big concern is i put well over 1k miles a year on, id hate to destroy this track in one season. Any thoughts?

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I run a 163X2.25 powerclaw on my nytro on trais all the time to get back into the good riding areas. It more about what you are riding through and over the top of that kills the lugs on a track. Also your hyfax take a beating with the larger lugged tracks because they are further away from the hard packed snow and dont get as much cooling bacause of this fact. I dont know what type of trails you ride on or what type of snow conditions you ride in. My track is still in great shape after a few seasons but i dont put that many trails miles on my track every year either. I will say in spring icy conditions they are a handful going down any steep hills.

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Install a set of scratchers and don't do high speed runs on the trails for extended periods of time and you'll be fine. I have no worries running paddle tracks on trails, just got be smart about it. When I'm going long distances on the trail, I feather it between 50/60mph and wide open.

Premium Features