• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best setup 4 xm

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
I put in exit shocks on my 146 xm, so the front arm shock that exit sends out is a 13.25'' which pulled the rails up about 1.5''. Hoping it climbs better then stock and does not lose any boondockability(which in the stock form is a piece of cake) side by side to a pro assault with the wide ski stance the doo is way easier on the arms. Anyone put some time on a sucked up limiter strap xm?

Z
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula MT
so i know this seems like a dumb question but how do you suck the limiter strap up, i even looked in the book, mine is in in the third hole, stock per the book, if i move the bolt down one hole like the book recomends there is not enough lenght in the strap to wrap it around the skid arm? Am i missing something? :face-icon-small-con

U
Apr 29, 2012
so i know this seems like a dumb question but how do you suck the limiter strap up, i even looked in the book, mine is in in the third hole, stock per the book, if i move the bolt down one hole like the book recomends there is not enough lenght in the strap to wrap it around the skid arm? Am i missing something? :face-icon-small-con

I used my trailer tiedown ratchet thing, hooked running board,over the track,2 other running board couple a clicks an it collapses the track.

B

blk9038

Aug 8, 2011
puyallup/edgewood
I put in exit shocks on my 146 xm, so the front arm shock that exit sends out is a 13.25'' which pulled the rails up about 1.5''. Hoping it climbs better then stock and does not lose any boondockability(which in the stock form is a piece of cake) side by side to a pro assault with the wide ski stance the doo is way easier on the arms. Anyone put some time on a sucked up limiter strap xm?

I thought you had the 154" like mine when you first posted i see you travel a ways to find snow and do some jumps so far how ya liking the xm? got 400 miles on mine so far and been in the deepest powder ever with it and best sled without mods so far for me.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.

Throw a block of wood under the front of the skid and there will be plenty of slack....take out the bolts and move only the loose end of the strap one hole, the rest of the strap stays the same.

B
Mar 5, 2008
BC
What is the stock setting? Dealer set mine up, I think?
Mine is real squirelly pulling the steep stuff.

soft setting to show off boondocking feature. A funny looking wrench in your tool box can stiffen the side action, setting goes from 1 to 5, I think.

I heard guys adding suspension stiffener's to the rear as well. Plus one hole up on strap.

ROKRIG

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2012
funny looking wrench in your tool box can stiffen the side action, setting goes from 1 to 5, I think.

Seems like you're referring to the rear spring pre-load adjustment. Yes, there are settings 1-5. If still too soft, you can replace the factory springs w/ the heavier duty ones

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
I thought you had the 154" like mine when you first posted i see you travel a ways to find snow and do some jumps so far how ya liking the xm? got 400 miles on mine so far and been in the deepest powder ever with it and best sled without mods so far for me.
Love the xm, only have 350 mi on it but hands down best sled I have owned. Just hope the tmotion holds up to some abuse!

B

blk9038

Aug 8, 2011
puyallup/edgewood
Love the xm, only have 350 mi on it but hands down best sled I have owned. Just hope the tmotion holds up to some abuse!

ya so far mine has as i have abused it more in 400 miles than all my other sleds have had , first we had super deep and long lasting powder (something we don't get here on the west side of wa.) then i launched the sled off of a stump top, sucker gets traction that none of my other sleds have off tree stumps (going uphill power on ) sled himarked me by 20 to 40 ft (wear teather highly recomended) sucks hearing sled running fast upside down, been doing lots of hillclimbs with it and and about ready to tighten up strap but i do like to wheelie like quads/motorcycles while climbing ,this xm just keeps me smiling. ya best sled i have ever owned also.:face-icon-small-hap

G

grizking

Nov 26, 2007
montana
Has anyone played with the setting on the the center rear spring? I have a 163" x model, left in stock setting.

B

blk9038

Aug 8, 2011
puyallup/edgewood
Has anyone played with the setting on the the center rear spring? I have a 163" x model, left in stock setting.

Ya just about 1/4 inch i am 180 lbs and thought it was a little soft when i got it and backed over rear flap (154") have been thinking about tightening up strap 1 hole also but just like the way it wheelies way too much so that is only adjustment in 400 miles beside trimming off alot of rear flap. do lots of hillclimbing, just a kick.

eyefish123

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2010
Northern Idaho
I am running a 163 and this is what I have done: ski shocks on #2 setting, center shock on #2 setting, rear spring #3 setting and limiter strap in 4th hole. Keeps the front end light enough to boondock but also keeps the front end down when climbing. Rolls over nicely. Sometimes too easy. Love the new sled, could not be happier!!:face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:
B
Mar 5, 2008
BC
Seems like you're referring to the rear spring pre-load adjustment. Yes, there are settings 1-5. If still too soft, you can replace the factory springs w/ the heavier duty ones

I was in Revy last weekend, did a lot of sitting around so I changed my rear "pre-load" to #4, also moved my front shocks to 2.5.

I like it. Suggestion was from Shadey.

NoSoup4U

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2009
Northern Utah
Best set-up is tighten limiter to hole 4, Tom's powder wedges and a Rooster Built clutch kit. Also, an SLP or HPS can if your so inclined...

Premium Features