• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone try an HPS can on an E tek?

El Gringo

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2010
Calgary Alberta
Looking to hear from anyone who has tried an HPS can on their 800 E tek. They are claiming a 3 horse gain, and not too loud. I would like to ditch the suitcase but don't want my ears to bleed after every ride. Do they pull more weight? Thanks for any feed back!

B
Apr 4, 2008
NW MT
I'm satisfied with mine. Very reasonable sound. Don't know about HP...haven't seen the 500 extra R's claimed. One thing I didn't check and should have was if the silencing in the can is mechanical or packing as packing does not last. Oh well too late for me.

R
Nov 26, 2007
TB-MT
i like it on mine..fits nice...not obnoxious at all...just a bit deeper idle tone and nice at wot...didnt notice +500 rpm when i put it on, but was already tinkering with clutching at the time ...i did it for the weight loss factor and the hopes i could get a muff pot in there :D

347strokin

Sep 1, 2008
Peachland, BC
Looking to hear from anyone who has tried an HPS can on their 800 E tek. They are claiming a 3 horse gain, and not too loud. I would like to ditch the suitcase but don't want my ears to bleed after every ride. Do they pull more weight? Thanks for any feed back!

Hey I'm curious, do you know anyone who has one in stock? I've been looking for an HPS for my 13' but it sounds like they're 2-3 weeks backordered now. If not, I'm going Dyno Port, love the sound.

HPS

HPS is a very nice "basic" can. It holds up much better than the Jaws. The sound on it is pretty nice, not too loud at all. I really like the one I ran. Like I said, holds up very nice.

I wouldn't say that you will gain HP, if you want HP then do a big bore and keep the suitcase.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I put the hps on mine and I'm very happy with it. First day I rode it stock, second day I put the hps on, same snow conditions, same temp, same hill, I went down a clicker, and the sled seemed to work better with the hps over the stock can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El Gringo

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2010
Calgary Alberta
Thanks for all the replies, not really looking for HP gains, but don't want to lose power, or cause running issues.anything, Would like to lose 8 or so cheap pounds. There are so many cans out there with so many claims it's hard to pick which will be best bang for the buck. I've had really good results with SLP in the past, but wanted to see what else people were have good results with. There isn't a store near me where you can even hold one in your hands to see how it's made, so really appreciate the feed back from those who have tried them, thanks again.

-lenny-

Lifetime Membership
Jan 29, 2011
Whitecourt, Alberta
I bought one HPS can locally, based on recommendations on another forum. Turned out to be exactly what I was looking for. Weight loss, good sound, far from loud, sled ran flawlessly, and good build quality. I decided to buy another for my other etec, but as you mentioned they are backordered. So I bought direct from HPS (Good guys by the way) and they shipped it direct to me.

http://www.hpsusa.net

D

dropitbuster

Nov 28, 2007
Terrace B.C.
From what I can find online the only manufactures meeting SAE maximum sound decibel levels are HPS, SLP and SPI.

I went with the SPI just because it was about $100 cheaper than the HPS. Fit and finish is great and have not noticed any ill effects. Didn't notice any performance gains or loss. It does have a deeper sound than stock but not obnoxious like my friend's BMP on his Proclimb. Strapped my muffpot to the top pipe too.

I think you can get HPS cans also from Big John and Sled Head Racing but they seem pretty scarce for the E-tech in Canada.

elgringo

If you are looking for cheap ways to drop 8 pounds. A can is a good start, if you have estart you can drop another 10 in the battery for 200 to 240 bucks antigrav, pull all the foam out. After that it will get expensive.

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
Hey I'm curious, do you know anyone who has one in stock? I've been looking for an HPS for my 13' but it sounds like they're 2-3 weeks backordered now. If not, I'm going Dyno Port, love the sound.

You try Big John on here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M
Oct 22, 2009
I have the HPS on and it is really nice. Good sound, great fit. i got mine from Felker Motorsports in CO. They shipped it to me in WI

Premium Features